PDA

View Full Version : Storage, Pastel - Plein Aire Camping...

DFGray
04-03-2001, 02:29 PM
Hi
I have made a box out of door skin(interior door material from a lumberyard) the edges of the box out of 1/2 x 1/2" strips of cedar,
the interior dimensions are the size of a piece of Canson and have used duct tape across bottom as hinge, the door skin doubles as my drawing board I have used mine for years its been across Canada and through Europe it also protects my finished work.
regards
Dan

wendee
04-03-2001, 11:50 PM
what an excellent idea Dan..thanks for that http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

nancymae
04-04-2001, 12:21 AM
My honey and I just purchased a camper and I would like to take my pastels and paper (Canson, and suede matboard) along for weekends of painting fun!! What do you use to transport your paper so it doesn't get creased? or bent??? Do any of you camp? or travel far with your paper????

Thanks for your help!!!

Nancy

nancymae
04-27-2001, 12:01 AM
Thanks Dan for the great idea!!! Boy has this been a LONNNNNNGGGGG month without Wetcanvas!!!

We are going camping next weekend...weather permitting. It's supposed to be 70 here this weekend...but knowing Wisconsin it could be snowing!!! I am going to go and look for the wood this weekend...love your idea about the duck tape!! I use it for EVERYTHING!! (sorry for the spelling..think it's supposed to be duct tape...)

HAPPY SPRING!!

Nancy

Allan Jameson
04-30-2001, 11:13 PM
HI NANCY, PAINTING CAMPING TRIPS ARE FUN,IM GOING AWAY MYSELF FOR FOUR DAYS THIS FRIDAY,A GROUP OF FELLOW ARTISTS 20 OR SO ,ALL MALE ,WE DO IT A COUPLE OF TIMES A YEAR, THERE IS ACTUALLY SOME PAINTING DONE TOO,BUT AS IM AN OIL PAINTER I FIND IT TOO MESSY CARTING EVERY THING AROUND SO I JUSTTAKE MY OIL PASTELS SOME WHITE SPIRIT AND A PAD OF OIL PAPER IN A CANVAS SATCHEL ALL NEAT AND CLEAN.