PDA

View Full Version : SDE mebucko...

mebucko
01-26-2002, 05:01 PM
Mechanical pencil... 5B pencil...
1 HOUR & 45 minutes (heehee Digi, I can't tell time...) ... Not yet finished...
I wish I could make it to the Chat, but I have other things going, dang it!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jan-2002/wolf_copy.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2001/ranbucko-2.gif
I went back in and added a little more darks and added a more distinct ring around the moon, I think I'l take out the inner ring, or lessen it. I also made the steam from the mouth more 'there', it didn't show up in my last scan. The total time is now 2 hours.

KidAnubis
01-26-2002, 05:05 PM
VERY nice... wish I could have gotten that kind of detail on mine

:D :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

Caron
01-26-2002, 05:14 PM
Excellent detail Randy in so short a time! Shows you love your subject..love the mystical quality you included!
:D
Caron

addphan
01-26-2002, 05:17 PM
wow, mebucko, incredible development in such a short time...you rock!!!

Surfinia
01-26-2002, 05:20 PM
Very nice. In fact, it's exceptional!

Mystical*1
01-26-2002, 05:25 PM
wow...this is beautiful....

digistyle
01-26-2002, 05:42 PM
Good stuff, Randy! I'm figurin your time reads 1 hour and 45 minutes (not minutes and seconds). 'Cause if you can create something this good that fast, we're gonna have to buy a fire extinguisher for you! :D

digistyle

ShellyF
01-26-2002, 05:47 PM
WOW!! Incredible detail .... in just 1:45 ??? You are my hero ;)

Wally's Mom
01-26-2002, 06:00 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

sajemak
01-26-2002, 06:39 PM
Randy! This is excellent! And the background is so 'mystical' for lack of a better word at the moment! hehe (ethereal??? ) Anyway... whatever the word is... it's awesome!

Sincerely,
Samantha

RuthT
01-26-2002, 06:43 PM
Really beautiful MB.

I can see I have a ways to go, but it is great to see what can be done. :)

Leaflin
01-26-2002, 08:06 PM
I am in awe.
Your detail is amazingly rendered in such a short period of time.
The wolf seems to be part of the wind
I like it :)

J. D. Hillberry
01-26-2002, 08:10 PM
I'm impressed Randy.
Your treatment of the sky is wonderful!
J. D. Hillberry

mebucko
01-26-2002, 09:30 PM
Thanks to all of you for the 'really nice' comments on this. Normally, I would take the time to thank you separately, due to time contraints today, I have to cut this a little short, I couldn't even go to the chat afterwards! *sniff* Oh well, I had a really good time doing this (easy) one... I thought it was going to be a little easier anyway, oh well, I never cease to amaze myself the trouble I can get into!:p I have to admit, I really love the time constraints, I actually like the hour long sketches better, 'cause I like to be 'pushed', and I seem to have more fun too. Today I had fun trying to just make it look right, maybe I'm a masochist... Thanks to all of you for your more than generous comments and time.

ZOTMA
01-26-2002, 09:35 PM
you commune with the pack brothah
technically amazing drawing (particularly given the duration)
details are fragile, bold marks powerful
you put the voice in that howl, very lifelike
treatment of the background is outstanding
I guess I'd have to check the source photo about the moon, if it was there or not, BUT that sky and moon are intense additions to this drawing achieving a piece more than a study
should I add to the chorus? well okay, randy rocks!

Luvy
01-26-2002, 10:35 PM
Wow Bucko *S* Bet you didn't feel like jumping off the balcony today LOL This is beautiful

Ivyleaf
01-26-2002, 11:05 PM
Okay Randy, quit goofing off and get some serious work done ;) . LOL This is GREAT, wonderful mood and feeling!

:) :) :)
Ivy

pencils4me
01-26-2002, 11:12 PM
Way to go Mr. El Wooso Grande!!! I'm impressed...LOL ( okay not surprised though ;) ) Ready for Friday nite?

TJ

diane555
01-27-2002, 09:07 AM
Hey Bucko....been missing you over in the sculpture forum so I thought I'd go have a look around and see what you've been up to and I see you've been a busy boy. WOW Randy this is fabulous! :clap: My son would go crazy over this one...wolves are his favorite creatures. I am particularly impressed with the work you did on the eye. Really captured that look of clarity in something that knows exactly what they are doing (for lack of better words...it is Sunday morning after all). It seems to me that no matter what medium you are working in you have complete control over making your hands do what you want them to. A nice way to be. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Di

marilyn h
01-27-2002, 09:11 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Perfection!

mebucko
01-27-2002, 10:57 AM
Zotma: Thank you for that avante-garde perspective on things, your critiques are always fun to read, good or bad!:p I wish you would still do one, I was disappointed you didn't make it. I must now return to the pack, to make puppies. Thank you!
-R-

Luvy: I always feel like jumping, and balconies are just one of my many favorite places to jump!:p Thank you for this, I do appreciate it!
-R-

I guess it DID show that I did this from my lounge chair then?:p Thanks Ivy for your comments, it means alot.
-R-

TJ: Nothing surprises you, Huh!:p It was definitely a fun time, and yes, I'm ready (I think) for the next one,:D it's just too good to miss these, and I thought that JUST LOOKING through WC was addicting!
Thank you for your groovy comments!
-R-

Hi Di! Yeah, I have been busy redoing my kitchen, so time's been limited, and I had to choose, drawing, or sculpting!:o:D Hey! Even your Sunday morning description made sense to me!:p Thank you for your words! I think that it would be a good idea if y'all joined us on the next one, you do know that it's ANY MEDIUM? It would be really nice to see a more 3-D approach to something like these. Thanks!:p
-R-

Marilyn: I appreciate all of the "O"'s, Thank you!:p

Wingnut
01-27-2002, 01:15 PM
Wow Randy!

are you.. like, I dunno... an ARTIST or somethin??

:evil:

(amazing work, love the fur!) :cat:

diane555
01-27-2002, 01:26 PM
Redoing the kitchen :eek: YIKES! I did that a couple months ago, which is why I hadn't been on here at the time. Cheated this time...bought prefab cabinets instead of building them. But in response to your other comment "had to choose...drawing or sculpting" I say sculpt sculpt sculpt...or do a sketch in clay hmmm? I'll try to remeber to get invoilved in the next one ya'll do here. It does sound like fun. Good luck with renovating.

Di :)

AriadneArts
01-27-2002, 01:55 PM
Randy, this is WONDERFUL! I love the detail in the fur - it reads so true. (I think I got lost in the fur - tried too hard to get the values and missed the overall effect.) Your background is also outstanding. I love what you did with the moon and clouds. (Interesting, I think we were the only two who "mooned" it and look how different are versions are!) What you did with the sky and ground evokes (to me) an Arctic feel--brrrr, a COLD night with wolves howling......! Beautiful work. I wish I could do half as well. This one's my favorite. Thanks for sharing your vision. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jackddavis
01-27-2002, 02:09 PM
Fantastic

I didn't know pencils could fly. How much thought before hand took to pencil and paper? This is time people don't usually consider. A well planned piece goes faster than a seat of the pants piece, so I suspect you took the time to plan this one well. And it shows.

Lady Grey
01-27-2002, 02:24 PM
I hear the howl and feel frosty air on my skin - gotta take my broom and fly to sabbath :D Membucko, this picture really gave me a shiver going down my spin - it has THAT SOMETHING. I wonder what you can do if you have more time :D
Lady Grey

mebucko
01-27-2002, 05:32 PM
Wingnut: No, I don't even think I am an artist at all, but thanks for confusing me!:p I just like to play. Where were you on Saturday? I noticed a lot of people that were missing...:) Thank you for saying good stuff, and thanks for your time! Maybe we'll see you next time?
-R-

Hi Di, Yeah, I know, I 'member that you had your hands full back then, now I get to experience it first-hand. I may do the Drawing Day after this next one in a sculpt, that would be good to do, I just don't have the time in a day to do it all!:D I wish! I hope that y'all come over to try it though, what Surfina and Yeilding said should attract the sculptors, hopefully. Thanks for wishing me luck!:)
-R-

Eileen: I did try to get lost in the fur, but somehow, it won!:p It was a 'maze' to work in, if you don't have a map, you CAN get lost!:D I think that you did quite well in your "mooning" too:p I was actually trying to get the nippy weather look in here, and my first scan didn't show it very well, I think that it looks kind'a chilly now, not too cold, but just right for wolves... Thank you very much for your thoughts on this.
-R-

Hi Jack! Unlike your metal sculptures, which take forever to probably plan because of the complexity of what you do, my stuff doesn't compare to that kind of hard work and planning. I really do fly by the seat of my pants, no thought, or out and out planning, just let the pencil do what I kind'a know, not a big mystery!:p I really think that the time limits on these things make that possible, that is, to not think about it. I kind'a think that the more time I have, the more time I worry... so, more time to screw up!:D Thank you Jack, I really appreciate your stopping and giving me your thoughts on this.
-R-

Lady Grey: I kind'a got into it a little myself, felt a little cool air, or tried to anyway!:D I'm glad that this made you cold, that's nice to hear:D, but I hope you don't get pneumonia though! (I think I'm funny!:D) If I had MORE time, I'd probably mess it up, so I don't know what would happen, it's really like a really long sketch. I appreciate all of your thoughts and stuff on this, really...

jackddavis
01-27-2002, 05:39 PM
Hi Jack! Unlike your metal sculptures, which take forever to probably plan because of the complexity of what you do, my stuff doesn't compare to that kind of hard work and planning. I really do fly by the seat of my pants, no thought, or out and out planning, just let the pencil do what I kind'a know, not a big mystery! I really think that the time limits on these things make that possible, that is, to not think about it. I kind'a think that the more time I have, the more time I worry... so, more time to screw up! Thank you Jack, I really appreciate your stopping and giving me your thoughts on this.

That makes it even more incredible.

TeAnne
01-27-2002, 06:24 PM
I like how you rendered the fur Randy, nice drawing :D
I'm so envious of you all, you get to have all this fun while I am @ work :(

Sandra Nunes
01-27-2002, 07:44 PM
Mebucko,
Wonderful contextualization!!!!! Your wolf and background so well rendered and in only two hours you've set the right mood for the scene.
Congratulations!
Sandra

Yielding
01-27-2002, 08:25 PM
very nice mebucko!!

sherville
01-28-2002, 12:28 AM
I didn't know it was possible to draw this good! (Let alone in under 2 hours)

*sigh*

Bendaini
01-28-2002, 01:09 AM
mebucko... thats just breathtaking. Defenitly a finished piece.

baquitania
01-31-2002, 04:01 PM
THIS IS SICK, DISGUSTING, I HATE YOU!!!

I think that says it all :D

Bobby

artlover
01-31-2002, 04:29 PM
Geez! Finally made my way back here...

Wow! Excellent!

An hour and 45 mins?!?!:eek:

*falls to the floor*

THUMP!

mebucko
01-31-2002, 06:56 PM
Jack: Thanks again Sir:p
-R-

TeAnne: Yeah, you have missed some fun, that's for sure! Maybe you can do it later and send it in, alot of people can't make it on the week-ends. Thanks alot for the comment.
-R-

Sandra: Thank you! I do appreciate that. I tried, is all I can say...:)
-R-

Yielding: Thanks, and try and join us this time!:p
-R-

mon Amy: It's actually possible to do better, but not from me! hee-hee! Thank you though very much fille de chaussette!
-SM-

bendaini: Thanks for the really nice thoughts, it is appreciated.
-R-

Bobby: Have you been talking to TJ? hee-hee! :D I thought so!:p Thank you, I think...? Couldn't have done it without you though, thanks!
-R-

artlover: Yeah...where were you? I missed seeing yours! Maybe you can make it this week? Hope so!:p Thank you for the compliments, actually, I did make some changes, putting it at 2 hours, instead of 1 hr 45mins. Here... let me help you up!:p Thanks!

Debs
01-31-2002, 09:47 PM
That is beautiful !
The hair is gorgious.....
I feel totally untalented and worthless at drawing animals in pencil now, thank you...lol
An hour and 45 minutes..:rolleyes:
You're very talented, hate to see what you do in a day, I would give up drawing I think...lol