PDA

View Full Version : Peggy and Molly do Dakota

watergirl
11-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Well, we finally hooked up yesterday and was really fun. I spent too much at Dakota because I got to go in the back of the store to choose. Peggy and I had a really great lunch and it was fun to meet a real WC'r!

the back of the store ie. candy shop!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Nov-2005/43083-dakotab.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Nov-2005/43083-dakotaa.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Nov-2005/43083-dakotad.jpg

My purchases:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Nov-2005/43083-dakotae.jpg

DLJohnson
11-16-2005, 12:53 PM
:eek: off to get water for dry mouth from hanging open so long

Great pix, Thanks!

What brand is that in the 3rd pic? I want to guess GA's or Unison.

What fun!

Donna

HarvestMoon
11-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Oh my- the most wonderful photos ever- I printed out the large wooden bin for a huge hint to hubby for what to do with his new deck-building power tooks - fat chance LOL.... My mouth is watering- must have been really fun- I would need a fresh visa to set foot in that place- i will probably spend the rest of the day looking at the shopping photos you posted- thanks so much for sharing.... looks like you guys discovered the 'pastel vault' !! If I win the lotto I want that entire 3rd picture- wood case of course and all :D just to look at mind you....

HarvestMoon
11-16-2005, 02:48 PM
wow- I used the 3rd picture as a background for my computer- wonderful- now my kids will of course change it in about 10 sec. after they get home- but it makes a great background!!!

DFGray
11-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Hi
I was in back there 2 weeks ago,
$750 lighter

watergirl
11-16-2005, 03:05 PM
You guys are hilarious!

PeggyB
11-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Molly you take great photos! :clap: I first regret is that in all the fun we forgot to hand the camera to me so I could have taken your picture too (I remember talking about it). My second regret is that I forgot my own camera as the sunset as I drove home was so lovely! All soft orange, pink and violet with wonderful reflections in the water as I approached Everett. One of these days I'll start remembering to take it always when I get into the car.

Dan you sneaky Canadian you :) - you should have let me know you were so close and I'd have driven up to meet you. The place we had lunch was fabulous - a whole foods type of coop that has a marvelous cafeteria counter. The Cuban coconut rice pudding was sooo good! and we were good girls and shared it - ok I'll confess we also shared a piece of their from scratch apple pie with whipped cream on top... :o I'll be working out a bit longer at Curves today..

Anyone who goes to Dakota, please feel free to let me know if you'd like company for the day, and if I can I'll be there too.

Peggy

Grasshopper
11-16-2005, 04:50 PM
drool. pant. green.

DLJohnson
11-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Hi
I was in back there 2 weeks ago,
$750 lighter

:eek:

I don't remember seeing pix of all that loot Are you holding out on us?

see you later
(as I hurry on over to the sets thread)

DFGray
11-16-2005, 07:07 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Nov-2005/1921-novlootsm.jpg
and sundry papers and ground
ps, ate once at the little hot dog stand on Hwy

HarvestMoon
11-16-2005, 07:51 PM
wow- you did well!!! I love hot dogs too....

Khadres
11-16-2005, 08:26 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Nov-2005/1921-novlootsm.jpg
and sundry papers and ground
ps, ate once at the little hot dog stand on Hwy

Wow that makes my mouth water worse than FOOD!

PeggyB
11-16-2005, 10:33 PM
I see you too got some of the chuncky Unisons that they are closing out. I couldn't resist about 10 or so of them in the grays, greens and some alternatives.

Hot dogs - they sound good too - must be time to go fix dinner here!

Peggy

K Taylor-Green
11-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Good grief! Look at all that money......... I mean those pastels! What a way to get aquainted.
Now, Kat an me..... we are going to paint together, tomorrow.
Yeah, I wish we had Molly's pic, too.

khourianya
11-17-2005, 12:27 AM
*DROOL* Oh how I wish I could live in that back room. Maybe in late May. It looks like Cam and i are going to Vancouver then for my best friend's birthday. It's not that much further to drive south a bit.....

PeggyB
11-17-2005, 02:35 AM
Super Cori - are you bringing Abner? Molly will still be in Florida, but I don't have plans right now for May. It looks as though the Ghost Ranch May deal is on perma-hold. It won't take you any longer to get to Mt Vernon than it does me if the border crossing is going smoothly that day.
Peggy

HarvestMoon
11-17-2005, 11:15 AM
*DROOL* Oh how I wish I could live in that back room. ..

LOL- I had exactly the same thought- looks like a great place to live to me too!

khourianya
11-17-2005, 11:20 AM
cool - of course Abner would be coming. He's our kid (well, one of them - the sugar gliders would probably be coming too :D ) I'll keep you posted closer to the time if we are going to have a day to travel.

M Douglas
11-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Drooling here!!!
Well I can see I will have to go back down there, I was there about a month ago just about when I was starting with pastels. They didn't let me in the back room :crying: They didn't even tell me there was a back room. :mad:

Cori from Vancouver its only about 1 to 1 1/2 hours to Mt Vernon, straight down on the I5.

Melodie :cat:

khourianya
11-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Cool cool cool. As long as the border isn't busy it is a very do-able trip then. I can probably leave Cam with his friend there and just takeoff on my own! :D Of course, he may take away my VISA first once he learns where I'm going :D

HarvestMoon
11-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Do you Canadian types get accused of smuggling in pastels? I mean, if they catch you with a couple of hundred pounds of them going across the boarder :D

How very sad not to be told there is a back room or be allowed to go there- they should just open the whole thing up to everyone- would probably make more money- but likely are afraid of the 'testing' and breakage....

we never figured out what type of pastels in pic. 3 (my screen background)- and what are those black cases on the bottom shelf to the left? Hmmm.... perhaps the soft side roz boxes?

khourianya
11-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Canadian types? Ya - well pastel terrorism is rampant here :p I have yet to smuggle them over the border, but I plan to have at least one empty pochade on me and I will bring back the pastelsin that (broken in hald and wrappers removed of course) and some lovely paintings from my plein air work I will do on my day down there.

HarvestMoon
11-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Well, would be interesting to see the faces if you really load up on pastels....I know, I have a VERY strange sense of humor.

khourianya
11-17-2005, 01:19 PM
lol - I can't afford to really load up, not unless my paintings suddenly start paying for the supplies :D But I will be sure to take photos of the searches of my car!!! :D

PeggyB
11-17-2005, 02:59 PM
Melodie, you may have been there on a day when they were very busy filling orders in that back room or Craig may not have been on site that day. We did see at least two other customers brought back while we were there. You can't try out any of the pastels that are on those shelves, but you can those that are in the public display area so that is another reason access is limited in back. I've known Craig since shortly after he opened his first store in Kirkland & way before they moved north to Bellingham and Mt Vernon (they no longer have the Kirkland store, and I miss it but the rents there are outragous so I understand the reasons). That may have been the reason Molly and I were allowed back there - a treat for both of us. Let me know when next you want to make the crossing. Maybe we can paint together.

Cori if you have the time maybe you can get together with Melodie, and travel another 1 1/2 down my way to paint in this area which is different from Mt Vernon. You can bring Abner and he can play with Sonny while Libby "baby sits". LOL She gets very "Nanny like" when there are other dogs around that are roudy. She stands off and gives them the most stern looks as if she's saying, "Now just you mind your P's & Q's. I will not tollerate being sniffed or disturbed, and you mind the humans too!" Of course she has never bitten another dog, but she has put my friends two Golden pups (one month older than Sonny) in their place very quickly with her attitude. If that doesn't work out, I'll drive to Mt Vernon, and we can paint there.

Peggy

KJSCL
11-17-2005, 08:17 PM
So that's what it looks like back there! I was at the Mt Vernon store in September and was soooooooooo disappointed when I walked in and couldn't see a pastel in sight! Oh well - I'll be out that way again next spring so maybe then I'll beg to be allowed the "priviledge" of going into the back. Great pictures BTW!

M Douglas
11-17-2005, 09:43 PM
That sounds like a wonderful idea Peggy, i'm pretty flexible time wise. I would love to paint with you and Cori and the dogs lol. Just a thought but are there some regulations about pets crossing the border?

Anyone else want to join in?

Melodie

Paula Ford
11-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Wow that makes my mouth water worse than FOOD!

Me too Sooz!! WOW, drooling all over!!

Paula

khourianya
11-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Just a thought but are there some regulations about pets crossing the border?

Good question. I hadn't thought of that. I would assume not - after all we have a friendly border and I don't recall our dogs being banned - just our cows...lol

We have a bit of time between now and then so lets see how life goes and whether we canmake it happen in 6 months. Accomodation isn't really a concern since it is close enough to be a daytrip. Now to save up my vacation days so I can extend my trip to vancouver a bit.

watergirl
11-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Well, sounds like all the nw will be painting/meeting up while I am gone so I expect news reports. FYI, I never got to go "in the back" before either so this was a special treat. Sorry, I can't remember what pastels types are in the photos-was just trying to catch the overall "look" of the place LOL! It is a great place "to save up for", husband was not especially thrilled with my trip. Cori, our dogs are allowed in and out of Ca no problem, just bring proof od rabies vaccination. Since I will be only 2 hours from Tampa (and Mt Vision pastels are made there) I will have to visit and give you guys an update. We are leaving next week but will be checking the net periodically during the road trip.