PDA

View Full Version : 1st Caricature Attempt

digistyle
01-25-2002, 08:57 PM
After seeing the great caricatures showing up in the forum lately, I decided to give it a try. I tried following Jason's advice about getting the eyes right and to work outward from there. Next time, I'll try for more exaggeration of the features. Created with digital charcoal.

digistyle

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jan-2002/leno.JPG

dnip24
01-26-2002, 04:14 PM
looks funny this picture! You did an excellent good attempt!
Good job!

Jason Seiler
01-28-2002, 03:14 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: VERY GOOD!!!

Your first attempt eh? Wow! You're on your way!!!! One thing I suggest is the triangle between the eyes and the nose. Look at the eyes and the nose, and kinda block out the rest of the face, you'll see a triangle there, it will help decide if the eyes should be farther apart, or closer together...also if the nose should be longer, or shorter.....

Let me guess....Jay Leno? Am I right? The eyes are perfect....if I may suggest something for ya! You seem teachable....so here goes...

FORGET THE COMPUTER! You did a great job shading digitally and all that, but give it a try again with graphite, the best paper for it is Strathmore, Bristol board, smooth.....get some blending stumps....you'll be on your way...I'd like to see that Leno again, this time have more fun with it, go CRAZY on that man's chin and eyebrows! :D

Take care,

digistyle
02-05-2002, 06:16 PM
Thanks, dnip!

Thanks, Jason! I was a bit timid with this (kept trying not to mess up). I' ll take your suggestion and try the next one with graphite or maybe charcoal, since its so forgiving.

digistyle

davinci
02-08-2002, 05:49 PM
Not bad at all for a first attempt. Also this is a good thing to persue as there is a big market in illustration for this. My illustration teacher at my art school makes a lot of money doing these for time magazine and the village voice, and got a lot of recognition even on tv when he did mayor gulliani as a demon the the virgin mary's back. (this was pre sept 11 of course). He also did one of george bush as curious george the monkey that was quite good.

TeAnne
02-11-2002, 08:26 PM
Better than I could ever do. Onya Digi :D