PDA

View Full Version : DuoPastello Blending Tool

Lija
11-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Hi everyone! :wave:
While perusing the Art Supply Warehouse catalogue, I came across the Habico DuoPastello blending tool which they "guarantee will be your favorite tool". I was wondering if any of you have had experience with this and if it really is as wonderful as they say. For the "sale price" of $34.99, I am not sure if I want to make the investment. The cost of pastels, as well as good surfaces, can be daunting as I am sure you are all well aware, so if I can get some advice on this "incredible tool", I will be so grateful! Thanks in advance for your input!

Pamela

Khadres
11-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Hi everyone! :wave:
While perusing the Art Supply Warehouse catalogue, I came across the Habico DuoPastello blending tool which they "guarantee will be your favorite tool". I was wondering if any of you have had experience with this and if it really is as wonderful as they say. For the "sale price" of $34.99, I am not sure if I want to make the investment. The cost of pastels, as well as good surfaces, can be daunting as I am sure you are all well aware, so if I can get some advice on this "incredible tool", I will be so grateful! Thanks in advance for your input!

Pamela

I, too, will be interested in seeing a review or two of this item. It certainly doesn't LOOK worth that much money, but sometimes the photograph fails to show true versatility. Let me know what you find out! There are so many other "found" items that can be used for the same purpose that I haven't yet bought anything but some "stomps"....at least those are relatively cheap! Since I usually try to blend with the pastels themselves, I haven't tried other methods much....

khourianya
11-04-2005, 03:38 PM
looks like just an odd little double ended stencil brush to me - bet you could find two small brushes at walmart or michaels that would do the same thing....just my thought.

Lija
11-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Thank you Sooz and Cori for your thoughts on this. As a newbie to pastels I am interested in all the items in the catalogues. I think I will start to be creative about some of the items that I can find elsewhere without going broke. Ah, yes...I think I have some old make-up brushes stored away and hmmm...I know I have some stenciling brushes in the junk-drawer...Time to do some looking! Thanks so much for the imput!

Pam