PDA

View Full Version : angry swordsman

laurahsu70
01-23-2002, 06:03 PM
This is a picture of Himura Kenshin, one of my all-time favorite male anime characters. I couldn't find a suitable colour for his skin, hence the ghostly whiteness. Some of the details are a little off, but I think it turned out rather well overall. The medium is coloured pencil on paper.

Laura

Frankie Wolf
01-23-2002, 07:49 PM
So glad to see you posting!

I hope you keep experimenting with pen and ink and methods for adding color to your work. You're really progressing well! I especially liked the way you added your Taiwanese name in your signature.

Try out some more of those small circles techniques of blending we talked about. It worked well on the sword.

You should show this site to some of your friends in Nashi. Hello to Tobes.

Take care,
Frankie

PS: Brin sends his greetings! *wink, nudge*

dnip24
01-23-2002, 10:55 PM
cool picture!

baquitania
01-23-2002, 11:07 PM
I'm not familiar with your character, as there is so much animae, and so little time. But this is a great piece. The pose is done very well and you know he means business! :mad:

Though you didn't ask for a critique may I suggest another color for your background next time. I think when you use orange and green next to each other, it makes your eye strain. Perhaps a light grey or deep blue, but since his kimono is blue, I understand why you didn't use the latter.

I would love to see others, thank you for sharing... do you know this site? click below...

http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/

It's got some great reference, click "jdillon tutorials" I think you will enjoy this...

Bobby

laurahsu70
01-23-2002, 11:30 PM
Hello baquitania,

I much appreciated the constructive criticism you gave me - it was exactly the sort of feedback I was looking for. (I guess I should put that down when I post -_-' ) I'll be sure to check out the manga art site.

Laura

dnip24
01-24-2002, 11:05 AM
hey laura! I would like to see more pictures! You have an excellent talent! Good job!

colorme
02-01-2002, 07:42 AM
i don't know, but i like the pale skin, and I like how you did the light on the hair. I've always wanted to draw manga, someday i guess....hey I like how you sign your art. :D