PDA

View Full Version : Mask

sassybird
01-23-2002, 04:31 PM
Ok, this is a marker study that I did for a possible block reduction print. I think I may just do it with black and red inks using the white of the paper for the 3rd color IF I decide to do it. Let me know what you think please.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jan-2002/Mask.JPG

Tony Perrotta
01-23-2002, 05:29 PM
:D Hi Sas, That is a very cool mask for sure, I don't know if it will look as nice with the white of the paper for the third color though, can you print it using a third color instead?

I got my lino today, hopefully I will start cutting tomorrow, I think I will just use one of the larger pcs. to practice on and just cut all kinds of things to see exactly what I can do and what I can't.
Are you giving your new press a workout, or designing some cool things to print?

Tony

sassybird
01-24-2002, 06:12 AM
Tony, I just pulled a print of a chinese dragon head in 3 color, and found I was getting the orange peel effect. It has been sometime since I did a reduction piece, so I have got to get the feel or rolling the ink just at the right viscosity to avoid that problem. I should have thinned the ink down a bit. Maybe I will go back and handcolor the 3rd color on this one if I do it. I did that with the piece below and really liked the effect I got. Sold all but one of them as a varied edition too:)

Gisela
01-26-2002, 05:37 PM
What I love the most about your work is all the wonderful texures. So I guess this seems a little 'flat' at this point, but I'm sure you will make this into something more 'you' once you start cutting. ;) I do like the idea of the three colors.

Gis