PDA

View Full Version : My first website

NorLigh
11-02-2005, 05:52 PM
:cool: Hello all...

I was directed here for critique on my website. It is:

www.norlighcreations.com

Please take a peek and offer up any suggestions you may have concerning my pages. I will do the same with others on here. I did not realize this area existed!

Thanks a lot!

Jennifer

LoriGreenberg-Beadnerd
11-03-2005, 12:48 AM
Hi Jennifer.

I think it looks good and loads quickly. There are only two things that I would suggest and one is to center it on the page (but even that isn't a biggie) and to make your email link clickable.

Other than that, I don't know if you're going to sell from your site but I didn't see anything that links to a way to buy.

Great beads and great photos too.

Lenda
11-03-2005, 06:52 AM
Hi! I think it looks wonderful, although I did have to scroll from side to side.:)

I agree that you need a page to sell some things if you can.

I myself don't make the email clickable, I don't know why. I think I always thought it attracted more SPAM or something.

I love your About Us page, really tells about you and your DH.

A really nice start to your site. Good luck!:D

NorLigh
11-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks so much guys- yes, eventually I will set it up to sell. I have to organize what I have to sell, and what has sold. Some of the items on there have already been sold and are only there as a reflection of my work.

I would like to move the page over- but I created this from a template, so I do not think I can do this. What I think I WILL do is use that edge for some other purpose... maybe some more pics, etc.

Thanks again for your words. It is fun to mess around with this stuff!

rosebead
11-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Jennifer I really love the purple color pallet you have chosen for the background and text, its very striking and easy to read. The website looks great. I think you should add a sales page at some point too.
It looks great.

KetchikanSculptor
11-20-2005, 08:39 PM
Hi! Really a sweet site. Everything seemed to work that I clicked on. I believe all the things that are mentioned are personal choices and may or may not make a difference. As far as when you are ready to sell it will be a wonderful asset to your already great start! Oh, I have to ask... Who is the artist for the picture of the northern lights? It looks just like one that I saw from the University in Fairbanks. Is so, a little thing to say who did the picture would be a good idea. If that is what it says below the photo in a font that is to small for my old eyes to read possibly make it a bit bigger or separate acknowledgment to it. Great colors on your site and such nice work too!