PDA

View Full Version : super lucky midnight deluxe

cry_1
01-23-2002, 10:38 AM
It's those loveable mystery twins. Oh how I hate them.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jan-2002/superluckymidnightdeluxe.jpg

dnip24
01-23-2002, 05:50 PM
look a little ugly these cartoons but at the same time look funny!
They look alike rugcats cartoons!:clap:

Jason Seiler
01-24-2002, 12:05 PM
Are ya just doing this for fun, or is it commission work or what? If not, you look like you're on your way, very proffessional. Can't wait to see more!

Later!

cry_1
01-25-2002, 12:57 PM
Thanks, guys.

Yeah, Jason. I've been slugging away at illo stuff for a bit. I've been published in Nickelodeon magazine alot (comics mostly), and last year I snagged a two-page spread in Hustler. Now I'm going through a season of discontent, however, and feel myself turning to painting and more of a fine art road. Lotta crazy stuff.
Your own work looks great, AND it looks like you're in town here, huh? Got a steady gig lined up, or are you making a go at full time caricaturing/illustration?

Jason Seiler
01-25-2002, 02:10 PM
Well, I work for a magazine here called Cornerstone Magazine, where they let me have the back two pages for a comic strip..."In Dog Years WE'd Alreaady Be Dead!" Besides that I do layout and design, text stuff...pictures, whatever is needed, I work with four other artist. I also have my own caricaturing business, "Face the Truth" which is basically my free-lance stuff, cartooning, mostly caricatures....and I've been trying now for a while to get hooked up with MAD magazine, do some contract work for them...I've got a few friends that do work for them, I'm trying.....

You're here in Chicago? Do you have your own studio, or work out of your home?

Cool to meet ya! Keep in touch...I'm working on a Leonardo Di Caprio....I'll post it in a couple days....take care,

cry_1
01-25-2002, 03:15 PM
Hey Jas.
I'm a character designer/animator at JRL enterprises. We provide graphics and anim. for an educational software product.
We're all artists of one kind or another here, but my main homies are Jose Garibaldi(josegaribaldi.com) and Kinggirlfriend. We are all sort of on the Lowbrow tip(I hate that term, but I don't have anything more fitting), doing comics, paintings, illustrations and whatnot, and trying to leave our mark. All the personal ("real") stuff gets done at home, in my makeshift studio.
Actually, my day job is in the Buck Town area of Chicago, maybe we can grab some lunch sometime.

Jason Seiler
01-25-2002, 03:36 PM
Lunch would be cool sometime, kinda busy, but maybe one of these days eh? Thanks for the EW email, I'll letcha know what they say!
-Later!:)

sherville
01-31-2002, 05:09 AM
Hey! I like this too! Very nickelodeon-ish. I've got nothing else to say except, I love your art!

coyote
01-31-2002, 01:45 PM
Your work has kind of a Spumco look...are you a fan of John K?

cry_1
01-31-2002, 03:01 PM
thanks!
Yeah, I like Mr. Kricfalusi. While I can't say that's he's been a huge personal influence, he's sorta changed the face of wacky cartoons in general. There is SO much crap out there that owes something to him, it's amazing.