PDA

View Full Version : I guess I should have posted this here instead of the Lobby...

reiver1
10-29-2005, 09:09 AM
OK, OK No more excuses for not offering one's self up for sacrifice.:o Simply Strung just opened our virtual doors with a website format provided by our merchant banker (free site and free domain name.) I'm not 100% sold on the style, but the word "FREE" is hard to beat.

I would be interested to know if folks feel the site is user friendly and remember, I'm just an ol' analog guy in a digital world.:p

Also I'm adding a links page, so if anyone would like to swap links, just drop me an email at: [email protected] ([email protected]).

http://www.simplystrung.net (http://www.simplystrung.net/)
Eric.

Of all the things I've lost; I miss my mind the most

Helen Simon
10-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Hey Eric, looks good, but if I were you, I'd take close up pix outside for better light, adjust them so they will show your beautiful work, maybe even concentrate on the focals rather than strands...just more appealing to me, a lady who buys jewelry. Love, Helen

reiver1
10-29-2005, 01:09 PM
Thanks, Helen. I just ordered one of those clouds to improve the picture quality. I expect that will make a difference.

Lenda
10-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Hi Eric. I agree that the pictures need a lot of work, they're kind of dark, some are out of focus and I'm sure you know that.

The site is easy to navigate and you also know about having to click on the thumb nail and then click again. Your webmaster may be able to put a full size pic in the second thumb instead of the thumb again.

Other than those things, it's pretty good. And FREE you say? :D

juniorvarsity
10-31-2005, 11:36 AM
Hi Eric. Just thought I'd put in my two cents. The website is straight forward, easy to navigate. I agree with the others' comments about the pictures - they need to be brighter and in focus. Why is there so much space between the words "Simply" and "Strung?" It is a little distracting. I'm no economist expert, but since your jewelry is not what I would call high-end, why bother having the "Under $15" page? It may detract from sales of your other jewelry. Also, you have a whole page dedicated to "Team colors" with only 1 bracelet on it. Why not offer some premade items, plus a range of colors for people to pick from so you can accomodate other teams? Just an idea. Seems like you need to spend more time thinking about what you want your website to accomplish, and what you want people to see when they get there.

claire.c
11-02-2005, 01:50 PM
I had a quick look and I'd say you've got the basic set-up spot on. It's clear, easy to read and navigate and not full of distracting details. I would definitely do something about your large pictures, as everyone has said, they are out of focus and you really need to sharpen them up at that point. Everything else is great though, so give yourself a pat on the back.

reiver1
11-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks, folks. I hope to get my photo cloud this week and retake all the pix.
The pages with only one or two items are just beginnings for what we hope will be a series of pages with 20 more more items each.

Like the rest of my life, it's a work in progress.
We're doing our first show this weekend. Wish us luck:wave: