PDA

View Full Version : Cerianthus

Stardreamer
10-28-2005, 08:23 AM
I couldn't think of a better name for this painting other then, "OW OW OW, OMG Where is the bucket of boiling hot water already? OMG OWWWWWWWWWWWW Of for the love of cookies make the burning stop!!";)

However, this 24"x24" digital water color painting will read as such on my website,

"Cerianthus is a type of tube anemone that is very painful to be stung by. This venomous animal is found in deep waters around the world’s ocean and comes in a variety of stunningly beautiful colors. Its deadly toxins contained in each of the tentacles do certainly not outmatch its beauty. One quick zap is enough to make a grown man cry and seek medical attention, now imagine the same and your are a small fish that happened near this animal, one sting and it is lights out forever. Nature often mixes deadliness with beauty. "

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2005/65910-Cerianthussp600.jpg

C&C Highly appreciated

Yes, I have been stung by one, and I do not reccomend it

MonicaB
10-28-2005, 10:36 AM
LOL. Michael, it's beautiful, even if it isn't fun to play with.

bjcpaints
10-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Wow - This is gorgeous Michael and if you had not told me differently; I would have looked at it as a wonderful floral macro!
Barbara

Halo
10-28-2005, 04:21 PM
Absolutely beautiful. Love the colors and the shape. And the title LOL!

Stardreamer
10-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Thank you for the wonderful comments everyone. :D

jody007
10-29-2005, 07:32 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Michael,

Oh now I love the viberant colors of this painting! It very beautiful!

Jody :D

FaeLynn
10-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Hi Michael!
Wheee this is nice! Ocean fireworks! You handled everything beautifully, and I love the colors, the subject matter, and the crop.
Oh for the mercy of God! LOL have you ever been stung by sea nettles?
I laughed when I read your description! :p
Thank you for sharing, this is lovely.
~Fae Lynn

Stardreamer
10-30-2005, 04:29 PM
Yes I have been stung by sea nettles. I have also been stung by fire coral, pourtegese man - o - wars, various other anemones including the very deep water species called "Mertridium spp." . This one species, by farrrr hurt more then all the others combined and is not something I wish to experience again.

Thank you very much for the kind comments Jody and Fae Lynn. :D