PDA

View Full Version : Mission in Mexico Scratchboard

TrickyV
10-26-2005, 01:37 AM
I posted this in P & I but I understand that most of the scratchboard people hang out here. I photographed this Mission in Mexico many years ago and thought ii was worthy of a picture. Done on Clayboard 8" x 10". Most of it was done with a set of tools that I hand made to suit this type of drawing.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Oct-2005/62776-A_Mission_in_Mexico___Scratchboard.jpg

Jakeally
10-26-2005, 06:56 AM
Its gorgeous .... I love the way you are working with the blades. You get such clean lines and a unique atmosphere in your pieces. :clap: :clap: :wave:

Mary Woodul
10-26-2005, 06:59 AM
Your style is so interesting and this is beautiful. I love that hint of light on the edge of the mountains.

TrickyV
10-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Chris...Thank you so much...The new blades have realy broadend my technique and I am enjoying it !

Mary...I'm glad you like the style and as for the "hint of light" on the mountains it may have been just an accident but I'll accept it as intentional.
There are two more in the works !!.... :wave:

valchina612
10-27-2005, 05:54 AM
Victor, this is totally awesome. I just love the buildings you have done lately. This one is wonderful, and I adore the texture you have in the tree trunk on the right hand side. But I totally love it all. FANTASTIC work. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

myorca
10-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Victor,

YOU ROCK!!! An incredible job my man!! Victor is one with the blade...scratch on!!

Bob :)

TrickyV
10-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Val...Thank you so much, from you to me means a bunch. :wave:

Bob...I am so happy you can get to the computer, at least I know you are kicking. Thanks Buddy, from you being my mentor means very much. Take care my friend....Victor :wave: :wave:

lisilk
10-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Victor, another exemplary piece with those beautiful light effects. I really like that although the tree is in the foreground, there is very little detail. It pulls us past the foreground and into the focal point with the beautifully done architechture. :clap: :clap:

Li

TrickyV
10-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Li...I'm very glad you like architecture because there is another one coming and I hope you like it as well......Victor :wave: