PDA

View Full Version : snd-addphan

addphan
01-21-2002, 07:40 PM
okay...i wasn't sure i would like doing this project...i'm glad i did. though...not the type of thing i'd choose to draw; you know, kind of stagnant and heavy...i treated the texture as i would for a figure(more as a fluid entity)...not the best approach (ie, my style) for this subject, but it was like i was being pitched a change up...not at all prepared for it...i was swinging for fastball all the way...i wouldn't say i struck out...but...okay, enough baseball metaphors...i'm still not sure i liked doing this, but i think i'm better for having tried. it helps to mix it up every now and then. can't wait for the nex nd...hmm, wonder what that'll be???

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jan-2002/bird.JPG

Shelley
01-21-2002, 07:46 PM
Mark this is wonderful!! I love it...how did you get the texture to the stone? dang i couldnt do that..i found this excersise hard!...but your right it was great fun...come on now tell me how you did it....was it the paper? the pencil?..the artist??

Shelley

Shelley
01-21-2002, 07:47 PM
oppps i was thinking of a Mark...and your not mark...right? sorryyyyyyyy...*blushing deeply*

Shelley

greencook
01-22-2002, 12:12 AM
Hey Andy,
You did a great job on rendering this even if the subject isn't your cuppa tea. Look at it this way - your hawk didn't end up with sunglasses like mine! :D
All in all well done. Hope I get to where I can sketch this well soon.

Have a great day! :)

Bendaini
01-22-2002, 12:42 AM
oh, i like the soft brown background... Its diffrent then all the rest that way.

baquitania
01-22-2002, 01:59 AM
You were going for a homer, but I think getting on base consistently has it's merits... Okay enough baseball, go check the Schedule rookie for your next game ;) it's at the top of the Drawing forum here...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30299

Hey if you knew what pitch was coming, you might not wanta play, this way we got you in the inning, and you took one for the team :D (this is addictive I could do sports metaphors all day lol)

Bobby

ZOTMA
01-22-2002, 02:43 AM
I don't know why there was all that talk about a shwing and a grounder or something.....

you nailed the lighting, the level of the sun and heat just right
the blocking is great and there's confidence in your rendering
you portrayed the smooth majesty of the statue very well

Did you like being stretched from your 'usual' thing? I personally love what you find in yourself when asked to go a bit beyond your norm.
This is great

addphan
01-22-2002, 10:26 PM
thanks everyone for your nice comments...it's great getting feedback...obviously, that's what 'the canvas' is all about...

shelly...thanks...i really didn't try to give it a stone look...just came out that way in the digital camera/uploading processes...anyway, thanks again, and no prob calling me mark. it happens. :)

greencook...thanks...you've made my day with your comment...:)

thank you, bendaini...it's nice to be different.

bobby, love all the baseball metaphors...catchy, huh? oops, there i go, again...actually, that was a pun.:D can't wait for the next drawing session...thanks again for your comments and starting these drawing assignments.

i agree with you, zotma, about stretching beyond the norm. as artists, we tend to get locked in to a style...not a bad thing if you've arrived at a place where it's comfortable, but for guys like me who haven't been consistent (art definitely is a skill that requires the discipline and practice like any other skill) it doesn't hurt to try different things. anyway, thanks for the comment...

cheers

andy