PDA

View Full Version : SND Caron

Caron
01-21-2002, 08:05 AM
Sunday night was tough. I only got to begin this at 9:40....
20 minute sketch 4H pencil on computer paper..need to be more prepared!
I had troubles trying to load last night so here it is..
Caron:cat:

baquitania
01-21-2002, 08:27 AM
Great start... don't sweat the preparation, unless you want to try different mediums, this should be about sharing and fun, not panic or stress... Even though I know we all feel that... this is a chance to loosen up and get over our fear... so what you bring to the table shouldn't be half as cool as what you walk away with...

Look at the rest of these, amazing work from 1 night's accomplishment, they gather steam as a whole, even though the individual examples are nearly as magnificent. I wish we could blow them up and seem them in a room with huge white walls and tall ceilings, and with champagne and cheetos :D lol

But this is terrific Caron, I'm glad you joined in... we are coordinating a Saturday afternoon one for the next event and may I add these get easier the more you do them... 2 hours will be the norm from now on, and this time out Sherville will be hosting, with me again the following week...

Don't loose that rhythm people, we are all soooooo FUNKY!!! :D

Bobby

PS: 4h you say? ack I would be hearing a chalk board being scraped! Nice cropping... how come I forgot to do that?

dnip24
01-21-2002, 11:54 AM
Beautiful!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

pencils4me
01-21-2002, 03:12 PM
Hey Caron! I'm glad you got to spend that 20 min with us! Well done! I can only imagine what you could have done with the whole 2 hrs.

see ya next time!

TJ

mebucko
01-21-2002, 03:31 PM
Hi Caron! I'm so glad that you showed up, I really like what you did get done, like TJ said. There's always some problem for everybody, either uploading, their ISP, scanner, or something, we'll all eventually take turns, I'm sure!:D I think the main thing is to just get in there and do it, it doesn't matter what it looks like, but as time goes by, we'll all improve, I'm sure, I was afraid to upload mine, after seeing all of the good stuff here! You had a good sense of how to crop it too, I like it better than mine! Very good for 20 minutes!:) I hope that you come back!
Randy

Sorry to invite you here then not hang around, I had a tough time yesterday with my sinuses!:)
-R-

ZOTMA
01-21-2002, 06:38 PM
great architecture, that arch is awesome
the reflection and surface of the pool are really fetching as well
nice drawing

Caron
01-21-2002, 06:50 PM
I know, I know, not as grand as some of the others but it was fun!
I will have to make a point of making it on time!

Bobby-there was a lot of amazing work done last night! Its truely inspiring to see what can be done! Next Saturday I will make sure I have more then my 4H pencil! Yea, it was giving me goose bumps too! It was the first pencil I saw and thought it was better then my pen:D

Dnip-what can I say but.....thanks.

TJ-thanks! Whew! I didnt think I was goin to make it! But hey, I tried! Hope to be there in better time on Saturday
:)
Randy-your too kind! No, no, I must say I like yours better. Its been ages since Ive just drawn-ever since I discovered this thing they call paint! It was really rather nice to just do it-no matter what came of it. Im really glad you suggested it and Im looking forward to the next one. Tell me, do they get easier????!!!!
Sorry, I didnt miss you in chat-didnt get to show up there at all-next week though heh!
Zotma-thanks for your kind words. It was fun and I really rather liked it!

addphan
01-21-2002, 07:56 PM
hi caron

not too shabby for just 20 minutes...glad you could contribute...it's a lot of fun, isn't it?

andy

greencook
01-22-2002, 12:01 AM
Caron,
Delighted you could make it. Don't sweat being late. I've been late on the last one and this one. Yes, it does get easier. I'm just learning to sketch and feel I made progress from the last one.
Love that arch and the general feel you created here. Hope the next time you'll have the full two hours to really strut your stuff.
Great job and welcome.

Have a great day! :)

Shelley
01-22-2002, 07:51 AM
beautifully done...I have such a hard time with quick sketches..and you seemed to have mastered it nicely!!..looking forward to seeing next saturdays post from you

Shelley

Caron
01-23-2002, 05:23 PM
addphan-yes it was fun! Next time I will try to get the full 2 hours in instead of 20 minutes! But the rush actually felt kinda good!
Greencook-I havent sketched for a very long time! Almost forgot what it was like. Thank you:)
Shelley-Im glad it turned out as recognizable! Im not great at sketches and by no means compare to some of the contributions we have had. But fun it is about and fun we had! Cant wait till next time!!

TeAnne
01-23-2002, 05:46 PM
Looks really good :)