PDA

View Full Version : Carousel Horse WIP

scribblet
10-19-2005, 10:23 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showphoto.php?photo=54511&si=carousel%20horse

Hi: Had to do two scans as I couldn't get it all on the scanner. I started this from the above reference pic, and would appreciate some suggestions and critique before I go any further.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Oct-2005/46564-Carouselhorse.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Oct-2005/46564-carouselhorsecropped.jpg

many thanks

Kathy

seedy
10-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Hi....
Keep going....you're doing just fine...
til you get to the part where someone suggests making it "pop" or "shoulda used purple shadows....;-) or better yet...."needs grounding" ;-)
Seriously, you are doing just fine...
PS....Don't show us the ref.....that will just give us more cannon fodder;-)

laudesan
10-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Brian is so right!!!

I think you are doing great here. Just keep glazing.. :)

mustcreate
10-20-2005, 11:01 AM
you've got good form happening and nice saturated colours.....

I will echo ^^^^

keep going!!!

em

CharM
10-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Hi Kathy... I like this composition and it certainly is taking shape beautifully... honestly, there's nothing to critique... follow your own instincts... they're good!

painterbear
10-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Kathy,

You picked a great reference photo to use for your painting and you are off to a terrific start. Ask yourself what it was that made you want to paint thisówas it the horse's head or the figures in the background? That will be what you want to make the most important element in the painting in terms of color and details.

You have nice form coming along in this early stage. Looking forward to watching it all come together.

Sylvia

Brian,
Sounds like you got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Little grumpy today? ;) :rolleyes:

scribblet
10-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Thanks for your comments, they are appreciated, havn't done any more on it as yet, will post more when I do.

Kathy

scribblet
04-10-2006, 10:56 PM
Well, I think its finished ? Just wondering if its worth framing and putting in the beginners section at Strawberry Wine's exhibit in Jackson's Point.

I'm afraid to any more to it as I always mess up when I try to correct or finish up etc.

cheers

laudesan
04-11-2006, 12:41 AM
This is totally delightful!!

You should post it in the gallery:) for comments.

Good luck with the exhibit, I do think you should enter..:)

scribblet
04-11-2006, 07:28 AM
Okay I did and thanks.

plec
04-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Kathy,
looks fine so far, the only thing I would be aware of, is that there is a lot happening around the horses muzzle (background legs and feet)

scribblet
04-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Kathy,
looks fine so far, the only thing I would be aware of, is that there is a lot happening around the horses muzzle (background legs and feet)

Okay, is that a problem, not sure what I can do about it though, I'm sure if I try to do more I'll mess it up. Always do. :)-

plec
04-13-2006, 02:51 AM
Kathy,
The only poblem will be if the strength of colour you use in the background (Legs) is too strong it will bring it too far forward and you will lose the depth that is fine on the current picture