PDA

View Full Version : My first masa experiment

Ady_Yong
10-19-2005, 08:07 AM
Hi everyone :clap: . Having spent hours pouring over the various masa posts here at WC! going back months if not years, I decided to just take a few bits of masa and have a go anyway - life is too short to agonize over something like this! Being a bit hesitant, I only tried small bits - and I really mean small here!! I am such a wimp :o . The attached experiment is only 6 cm x 9 cm! How wimpy is that?! My next attempts this weekend will be more substantial I promise! Will keep you posted.

Thanks JJ for the info! Certainly got me moving in the right direction.

Have a nice weekend all.

Ady
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Oct-2005/69594-masa1.jpg

KathyJB
10-19-2005, 08:21 AM
Ady, This is beautiful!!! What a nice painting for your first masa! I love the detail of the trees, the colors are pleasing and the texture is great! Keep going please!!
Want to see more of these!!!

Kat

artman42
10-19-2005, 08:28 AM
Great Ady , looks Dreamy like fall colors....:) it was so good Good Job on your first.....Also Ady like the sky !

KathyJB
10-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Jim this is adas masa painting
I agreee its dreamy!!

Kat

Ady_Yong
10-19-2005, 08:49 AM
:D Thank you for your kind encouragement, Kat and Jim! It's fall here in the UK and the trees in my neighbourhood are awesome this time of the year! Just inspires you to rush out and try to capture some of the colours before they fade.
Thanks for the feedback!
Ady

Nacre
10-19-2005, 12:16 PM
This is great Ady :clap: . Love the colours and do you know there is a rabbit in the blue of the sky? The trees on the left are touching his nose., He's not too noticable but he's there and adds an interesting feature,

painterbear
10-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Ady,

Wow, you packed a lot into a little piece of Masa paper. (I got my metric ruler out to see how big 6 x 9 cm was. ;))

You did great for your first masa painting—mine wound up in the bin. :rolleyes:

I see the face in the sky too, I thought it was symbolic of Mother Nature or a greater being looking over the earth. Neat.

Sylvia

Redwine
10-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Very pretty!

Heather

Ady_Yong
10-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Pearl, I see the rabbit too!! Didn't until you mentioned it! Sylvia, my next piece went straight to the recycle heap!! OK, it was a much larger piece ... trying a few others now. Fingers crossed eh?!

Ady