PDA

View Full Version : Brown Organic

Lara
10-18-2005, 07:39 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-18-2005/10029_100-0053_IMG.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Brown Organic
Year Created: 2005
Dimension: 44 mm x 11 mm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This bead is made with silvered ivory, opal yellow, intense black and Reichenbach brown frit (pulled into stringer).

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I'm looking for feedback on this bead. Is it too dark? Best parts of bead? Worst parts of bead? What would make it better? What is detracting from it?

ValorieCox
10-19-2005, 12:19 AM
Lara, the bead is very nice in technique, richly organic! All it lacks for me is a bit of interest in the overall composition. Almost too much of a good thing to have the entire bead covered in the same pattern. If this pattern were only covering 2/3 of the bead, leaving a remaining (visual) 1/3 of the bead for simpler coloration and pattern-- it would be more interesting to me.

Excellent bead shape...and like the range you have from dark to light, with some rich grays and creams in between.

Val

xoticbead
10-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Lara
I really love this bead. The only thing I'd add is that a bit more color ( opal yellow reaction?) would be nice.
Liz

Orca
10-19-2005, 12:05 PM
It's lovely Lara! I'd like to see a version with the ends capped in dark brown or black.

Lara
10-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Thanks guys. The pattern and colors were all just random as I super heated the bead. I was pleased with the way the twists formed all by themselves.

Val I like you idea of just putting the pattern over part of the bead, I'll have to play with this.

Sherry - I was thinking of doing black ends on this one and will need to try it on my next.

Lara

aks141
10-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Intriguing bead. Looks like there are lots of craters in there though I'm guessing it is completely smooth. That keeps my eyes hoppin' and boppin' around the bead, which I like.

I like Orca's suggestion of capping the ends in dark brown or black.

Nice job.

k.t.
10-20-2005, 11:24 PM
I think the idea of capping the ends with a different color as a way of giving the bead a focal point. Another way could be some clear dots on the surface or mabe just a drizzle of a different color.
It is a very, very nice bead though just as it is.

k.t.

Lara
10-21-2005, 10:33 PM
KT

Thank you. Yes, it is all smooth, no pits.

juliagfunk
10-23-2005, 09:30 PM
I love the organic pattern and the color scheme. It reminds me of mother of pearl. It is beautiful. I could see it more maybe as a pendant. I do agree with Val about having part of the bead be patterned. I could almost see it looking good with a pattern which would contrast the organic but using similar colors- like if there were a band of dark with light dots or stripes.

Lara
10-24-2005, 04:15 AM
Juliagfunk, great ideas, thank you. OH OH OH, I'm thinking of something now. :)