PDA

View Full Version : SND graphite sketch

pencils4me
01-20-2002, 11:10 PM
geesh am i the only one who had problems uploading tonite??

here's mine

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2002/SND.jpg

TJ

baquitania
01-20-2002, 11:16 PM
TJ:

The water is great! How come I'm the only one that didn't think to blow this up and just do the figures lol... Sorry you had problems loading but I swear I thought that last switch said ON...

Anyway I love your lines, they've got that rhythm Zotma said about me, cept in your case it's true... ;)

Bobby

dnip24
01-21-2002, 12:11 AM
the picture is excellent:), but looks disgusting those people without heads!, :mad:
you did a great job:)

sajemak
01-21-2002, 12:14 AM
Tj I love this! I especially like the water and reflections. :)

Samantha

pencils4me
01-21-2002, 01:55 AM
Bobby - yeah yeah yeah........ I think you had that darn switch flipped on purpose! Gunna have to keep an eye on you!
Well to be honest with you - I was to lazy to do the tops of the columns....

ack! :o *sheesh* we can argue later ;)

dnip thankyou - :D LOL!

sam ----aww shucks, thanks ;)

TJ

Sandra Nunes
01-21-2002, 04:06 AM
TJ,
Although you say it was only laziness, the cropping resulted in a very good composition! Very good water and reflections, very good work!
Sandra

sherville
01-21-2002, 07:27 AM
LOST
One head, Roman in appearance, brown curly hair.
Left on number 509 bus to timbuktoo.

Uhhhh.

Good work TJ! SHHHH!! You weren't too lazy to draw the tops of the columns, you used your artistic licence to 'crop' them off for the good of the composition as a whole. geez. :D

Shelley
01-21-2002, 07:47 AM
Man your guy there has great looking legs...I'm envious...looks like he even shaved them....geezz...great work pencils4me!!!...I almost did this one..but chickened out....but yours truned out great!!

Shelley

pencils4me
01-21-2002, 03:22 PM
Sandra - thanks for the comments, very much appeciated!

shervie - ACK! Is that what was rolling around on the floor of that bus? ewwwwww and I thought it was a loose bowling ball!

LOL is that what the sculpter did here? Used her artistic license to "chop" off the head for the good of the piece as a whole? ;) (notice i said her...she didn't want to have to listen to his whining anymore)

shelley - ya big chicken!! LOL well i didn't pick this out for me -- malarkey made me do it!! Thanks!

TJ

mebucko
01-21-2002, 03:43 PM
TJ! You did good girl! I see your style in here, so of course I keep thinking that any minute a prospector dragging his ass behind him loaded with tools to come walking along! (What?) I do really like what you did in the pool, no! not that! The reflections! Good job, and you also managed to show the important lines of the far statue, really nice, and I don't normally say this about males, but that front statue has great legs! Groovy!
Randy

Sherv: How did the "head" buy a ticket to Timbuktu?, I'm losted!:D

ZOTMA
01-21-2002, 06:41 PM
heh, bobby use'n my lines.....now what do I say????? :)
yep, nice movement
what I like best is the edge of the pool, you really nailed the dimension and depth of it, really gives everything else on the page a firm, grounded foundation
nice work

addphan
01-21-2002, 08:00 PM
hey tj...

really gutzy to try this one...i passed it right up...excellent figure renderings...you also managed to show the depth of the picture...love your lines!

andy

greencook
01-21-2002, 11:55 PM
TJ,
You're statues' lines came out great. I didn't even give this one a second thought. Too many architectural lines to mess up. Didn't chicken out entirely though with my Egyptian RayBan ad. :D
I like the way the depth shows in your rendering here. See you at the next one. Maybe by next time I'll have appeased the evil spirit residing in my PC.

Have a great day! :)

pencils4me
01-22-2002, 10:10 PM
oooops i thought this was done....

Mebucko - no no no a head can't buy a ticket to timbucktoo... it was left on the bus to roll around on its own.......

Sorry no cowboys here....... no prospector ... no tools ... no no no! Can you imagine what an grizzeled old prospector would say as he stumbled into this garden for a rest? LOL Maybe thats what happened in the pool!

Any way thanks for the serious comments ....;) Next time maybe I'll try another medium, how about you?

Zotma - Yeah, you gotta watch that Bobby.... Thanks for the comments, really appreciated.

addphan - hey andy, no guts to it really... Malarkey made me do this one, and all I could think was "oh great! how in the world am I gunna do this??" LOL!! Thanks for the comments,:)

greencook - lol I didn't see any Rayban ad..... Evil sprits leave these computers!!! (do you think it worked?;) ) Oh well I tried.
Thanks for the input! Next time!

TJ