PDA

View Full Version : Snd!!!

artlover
01-20-2002, 10:56 PM
Lordy! What chaos! Forgot about the SND (too busy w/ self portrait painting:o )...Remembered...panicked...dragged out my drawing supplies-threw them on the floor-grabbed supplies at random and ended up with...

Oh, the media: gouache, watercolor, india ink, pencil on All Media Sketchbook paper:) !

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2002/SND012002.jpg

Had almost an hour on it-really enjoyed this!!!!

baquitania
01-20-2002, 11:01 PM
Art Lover:

This is wonderful, I got try that one night, same media, and one color on colored background. Great depth here, looks like an animation cell... I love it...

Bobby

Shelley
01-20-2002, 11:17 PM
artlover...wow this is great..i love it....question though...what is gouache?....maybe its just to late in the evening??

Shelley

sajemak
01-21-2002, 12:11 AM
You're style is excellent! I like your lines, and the shading and highlights are wonderful!

Samantha

dnip24
01-21-2002, 12:19 AM
your style is really different and only! Keep ahead!:clap:

pencils4me
01-21-2002, 01:38 AM
Heyyyyyyyyyy you handle chaos well!!! ;) This turned out really nice,,,,,:D

TJ

mebucko
01-21-2002, 03:04 PM
Artlover, I am very impressed with how you handled this, and also I think that you may have gotten me interested in gouache, I had to ask what it was, and it sounds like it might be for me. I wouldn't even have thought of doing it this way, much less getting it to come out like that! Very good style, I don't know why I would be surprised though, I like everything that you have done. I am hoping that we'll get a peek at your SP, as soon as you finish the painting?:)
Randy

ZOTMA
01-21-2002, 06:52 PM
great warmth of the scene conveyed here through the medium and your gentle touch
everything is constructed, solid though you dealt with the erosion factor well in making it feel old and crumbled, soft from time
nice delivery of the light (good contrast)
really like this rendering a lot

addphan
01-21-2002, 07:54 PM
artlover...glad you made the snd...this is fantastic!!! great choice of media...i guess in your haste, you chose your materials w/o thinking too much, straight from the heart, an emotion response, huh?...i love the warmness of the sepia...feels like a restful early evening in the desert...great bold contrasts! well done!

andy

seejay
01-22-2002, 12:04 AM
All these SNDs posted here are great!

A feast for the eyes, and the bit behind them.

Cheers, Chris

greencook
01-22-2002, 12:08 AM
Artlover,
Just wanted to echo the others in my admiration for the warm peaceful mood you've conveyed here. Perhaps in your haste to get it going it may not have felt like that, but the fact that so many of us got that message I think shows you must have a great deal of talent to pull this together so well in such short a time.
I'm with Randy about wanting to see that SP. If its anything like your other work I'll bet it'll be great.

Have a great day! :)

artlover
01-22-2002, 10:08 AM
Thanx everybody!!!

Sorry took so long to reply-but I tried to get to the chat and I got booted off the computer (by those in my household)!!!! They just can't figure out why suddenly I'm on the computer soooo much!

Gouache is opaque watercolor-it comes in tubes like watercolor or acrylic, etc.-when I first had to use it last year in drawing class I hated it-but I've learned to use the stuff and I like it now. I think it's probably used alot in design (?)-you can paint layers over each other, but you have to be careful or the ones underneath will mix with the top ones-it really goes well with pencil and ink...

I'm glad you guys liked this-the whole time I felt 'under the gun' and disorganized-hey, maybe I do better if I'm not given too much time to think..:p

Oh, the self portrait-still working on it-it's in acrylic-lot harder than I thought it would be-doesn't even look like me...:(

Bendaini
01-22-2002, 12:05 PM
for hastily throwning things together, and grabbing things at random (i bet your exagerating just a tinsy bit ;) ) This looks awesome....