PDA

View Full Version : SND-Shelley

Shelley
01-20-2002, 09:58 PM
oie....charcole on....paper!:rolleyes:

Wingnut
01-20-2002, 10:06 PM
Great job!

Is that the texture of your paper coming out in the dark shadows? If so, it looks cool (don't mind me, after years of drawing I just recently discovered that there was more to paper than the cheap typewriter paper I always used) :p

ZOTMA
01-20-2002, 10:07 PM
way smooth
great architecture
you really represented the height and grand nature of the statue

baquitania
01-20-2002, 11:09 PM
I don't know how you did it, but it seems like you backed up and stood under the statue! Don't get me wrong, it works great... I'm so glad you came... I think from now on we will extend the work time to 2 hours, since 1 hour seems to be too small... there maybe another as soon as this friday, or weekend, but there will definitely be another one on the 1st of Feb, which is the following friday after this, and I will be hosting again... please join in... :)

Bobby

dnip24
01-21-2002, 12:14 AM
Awesome picture !:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

sajemak
01-21-2002, 12:15 AM
Very nice! Highlights and shading wonderfully done. :)

Samantha

pencils4me
01-21-2002, 01:42 AM
shelly - wow this is great, nice details, and it sure makes me feel small just to look at it - great perspective..

TJ

Sandra Nunes
01-21-2002, 08:08 AM
Shelly,
Amazing perspective!
Congrats
Sandra:)

greencook
01-21-2002, 10:03 AM
Wow Shelley,
I used the same ref pic. You got the perspective down MUCH better than I did. Sorry, I couldn't join the chat.
Hope you had a good time with this. You do architecture very well. You're detailing came out great.

Have a great day! :)

mebucko
01-21-2002, 04:08 PM
Dang Shelley! You done a good one! Good job, and like what was said, the the grounded pigeon's perspective and the composition really works for this piece. It looks like a whole 'nother image, and that's good! It amazes me that we all see everything different, and this goes to show it! Groovy!
Randy

Caron
01-21-2002, 06:38 PM
Great job Shelley! Really neat how you did it more under! It really has given it a grand scale!
Caron

addphan
01-21-2002, 08:05 PM
okay, shelly,

first of all...hats off to you...out of all the bird drawings (a lot of us chose this one, huh?) i think yours definitely shows the best rendering of the stone...you also did a great job with the perspective (looking up at the temple)...well done!!!

andy

Bendaini
01-21-2002, 11:49 PM
i like the way it fades out on the edges.... Very nicely done...

Shelley
01-22-2002, 08:02 AM
to Wingnut..ZOTMA...dnip24...sajemak a big thank you...you guys are great!!

baquitania...i really didnt realize it looked differently until you pointed it out...strange how that happened huh?...this is how i saw the pic..and i have to add this was hard!! I have never before tried stone..and really do not think i captured the texture of it very well...but thank you for your kind words...so glad i finally made it to one!...now i want more!

I think you created a monster....dang

Sandra Nunes, pencils and mebucko thank you!

Greencook...its ok Mark...i couldnt even FIND the chat (laughs) and yours was great..I loved it!!

Caron, and addphan..thank you thank you....you guys are so generous with your compliments...I LOVE IT!!

Bendaini...thanks..I tend to drop things off the page for some reason..i have a thing for not liking finished edges...if that makes sense..thank you again

Shelley