PDA

View Full Version : SND-mixed media

ZOTMA
01-20-2002, 10:46 PM
I'm double postin, sorry, this is done so comment away.......
mixed media 9"x12" approx.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2002/sndhorus.jpg

Wingnut
01-20-2002, 10:59 PM
wow!

great colors, great depth... everything! Wonderful job! :clap:

Gisela
01-20-2002, 11:01 PM
Interesting choice of colors -- it really works well. You've made this a very exciting scene. I keep coming back to this.

What media did you use?

Gisela

ZOTMA
01-20-2002, 11:05 PM
thanks wingnut
Gisela, hey that's printing ink back there :) , a mono kind of wash type of thing. Then I used colored charcoal pencils (Carbothello) for the rest. Thought it would be fun and somebody mentioned that sort of thing in printmaking not too long ago, right?:D

addphan
01-20-2002, 11:51 PM
like i said in the chat...this is outstanding...the colors and your expressive treatment really make this bird look like he's ready to take off any second...way to go, zotma...

artlover
01-21-2002, 12:05 AM
Beautiful!

I love the action implied in this and the vibrating colors-the way you did it sounds interesting too...

this whole SND drawing thing is just too cool...

baquitania
01-21-2002, 12:21 AM
Alien Queen, you did TOO WELL on this... See it just goes to show you folks, you give an artish 1hour the first session and the next time they want 2...

This is terrific, I want a 30 page essay by tomorrow on the media used, the mood you were in, and the nearest location of a dairy queen... I hope you had fun, and keep joining us... I know fridays are not a good night as you said, but if you host you can switch it to the night you want. I plan on hosting again on the 1st of Feb. But cross your fingers, Sherville may do something friday, if not, then I will twist someone's arm lol

Chat was fun, but there has to be a way to slow it down to light speed, cause warp 9 always spills my drink... see you on the threads your majesty...

Bobby

dnip24
01-21-2002, 01:01 AM
excellent picture!

sajemak
01-21-2002, 01:06 AM
Zotma... this is ONE of my favorites from the drawings tonight. Excellent drawing! I love the colors and textures in this. :)

Samantha

Sandra Nunes
01-21-2002, 09:20 AM
Zotma,
Your color scheme worked very well in this! Your pencil work is very expressive, what kind of paper did you work with?
Sandra:)

cagathoc
01-21-2002, 12:01 PM
Beautiful!!!

Painted Melody
01-21-2002, 12:19 PM
dig the white that rain down like biblical snow

jeremy

mebucko
01-21-2002, 05:00 PM
By the Gods! ZOTMA! YOU HAVE DONE IT! YOU HAVE SPILLED YOUR WRATH AND BLINDED ME WITH YOUR SCIENCE!:D:p Well, I have to say, that is most impressive, I could've thought for a million years and never thought of that way to do it, very good choice too. I love the colors, and like Artlover said, the "vibrating colors" is the only way to describe it for me. Very, very good in all respects! Oh yeah... I'll probably end up suing you over the blinding thing...
Randy

Gisela
01-21-2002, 06:13 PM
Hey Z...
I've come back to look at this a dozen times.
Wanna meet in the swap shop and do a little horsetrading? :D

Gisela

Caron
01-21-2002, 07:05 PM
WOW!!!
This is spectacular! I ditto the colour choice here! If this is a sketch, I'd love to see what you would do taking time!
:D
Great work-you mustest be proud!!
Caron :cat:

greencook
01-22-2002, 01:23 AM
ZOTMA,
As every one else has said. Great colors. Makes me think - what is going on at the party next door!!!!! :D
Good choice for the time span and very original. I love it.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Have a great day!

ZOTMA
01-23-2002, 12:20 AM
Thanks all for checkin this out and the jaw'n on sunday....

greencook, what was goin on next door? I dunno there was some punch I drank.........thanks for you comments

Caron, thanks I usually take way too much time so I thought I'd let it loose a bit. Was a good exercise working fast, I'll be doing this SND thing again.

Gisela you doll, I'm sure we can work something out, you've got some killer horses yerself.

mebucko, by the gods we missed your freak flag on the pole on sunday, sorry about your vision (and what, sinuses?). I'm glad you dug the vibrations man and thanks.

J, interesting take on the white, it gives it a certain zing, eh? thanks.

Thanks Cindy

Sandra, thanks for your comments, I believe it was good ole fashioned strathmore drawing paper (that shouldn't be printed on but I'm a bad girl), can't recall the weight....

sam, Wow thanks a lot for that. Colors I've always loved enough to eat but the texture thing I've really had to allow myself not to overwork. Thanks for that comment.

dnip, thanks mucho

Bobbbbbbbby, heh and I didn't use the whole second hour....too much time, see what one gets for complaining :). Uhh, I think I missed the due date on that thesis and damn I don't know where the nearest DQ is, total strike out. I'll be joining when I can, this has been great for me and others, thanks again for being the impetus. Beer in the bottle is good for that speed (less spills), I'm fine with warp being alien (and I'm usually just lurking and dining anyhow).

artlover, I agree the SND is cool. Thanks for the comments, this is a good opportunity to try new media that you may not use when you're being more 'serious'.

addphan, thanks, I felt a sense in freedom (as I mentioned above, not feeling serious at all) and I think the strokes convey that, give the life to the bird. Couldn't have deliberated that, this has been good for me to let my hair down a bit.

impetuous
01-23-2002, 05:58 AM
Wowser! girl your goooooood!
love the way you've handled this and it's not just the colour that makes it stand out, it's as though you've made an already forbidding looking image look even more austere.