ZOTMA
01-20-2002, 09:47 PM
fantastic dimension/depth and contrast
great handling of the arch and pool
killah!

Wingnut
01-20-2002, 09:53 PM
Very nice work!

I had such a hard time seeing some of this guy (like his raised hand) in the shadows, I think you got it though. I didn't even try to draw the water!

Shelley
01-20-2002, 10:00 PM
Randy ...as always your work is great...:)

Shelley

addphan
01-20-2002, 10:55 PM
you've handled all the elements quite well...the figure is the focus(and done well) but the pool, the pillars, the background was not ignored...they support your figure yet can stand alone at the same time...nice job!!

artlover
01-20-2002, 11:01 PM
:D Yes!

...the values are clear and well done ( I seem obsessed by value right now) and the water-tho' only hinted at with a little shading-looks like it has depth...

now racing to the next drawing...

baquitania
01-20-2002, 11:03 PM
5B AHA!!! Now i have your secret, okay boys hit the switch, and tell the Governor he's busy... ;) Sorry I missed you in chat... or were you there, and I forgot to check the roof? Anyway this is terrific... why didn't I think of blowing it up, I could have saved myself the headache of going to color lol... see ya at the next one!

Bobby

sajemak
01-21-2002, 12:18 AM
Nice job! Your columns are great! And the reflections.... :)

Samantha

dnip24
01-21-2002, 12:21 AM
pretty picture! Looks excellent!

pencils4me
01-21-2002, 01:32 AM
Hey El Wooso Grande' ...........haven't heard from you in awhile....

this subject was popular tonite! You know what i hated? The bottoms of the pillars.......don't know why..... I'm sure enjoying looking at everyones variations though...... Nice one EWG!

TJ

Sandra Nunes
01-21-2002, 04:15 AM
mebucko,
Beautiful!, very good contrast!
Sandra

sherville
01-21-2002, 07:22 AM
Randy,
Hey, good work! And it only took ya one of the two hours, I'm impressed! You get a lot done in that time, though it 'must have been some work' ;)
Regards,
Personification of the purest evil. :D

greencook
01-21-2002, 10:10 AM
Randy,
This is too cool man. :D
As the others have already said, your rendering of the pool is stupendous as usual. Personally I'd be interested in seeing you do this one as a detailed drawing. You've done this so well in an hour you'd have to supply us with the cheap sun glasses to shield us from the brilliance! :D
Wonderful job and have a great day! :)

mebucko
01-21-2002, 04:46 PM
ZOTMA: KILLAH! I like that:D, I might borrow that one to describe some of the stuff you do!:p Thanks for saying that!
-R-

Wingnut: I thought ours kind'a look similar actually, just diffrent crops. I had a hard time too figuring out what was what, so don't feel bad, they find these pics like this only to torment us!:D
Thanks for the nice words!
-R-

Shelley: As always, thank you!:D
-R-

addphan: Thank you! That was a very nice way of saying it, you should be a critic! Thanks!:)
-R-

Artlover: I'm glad that you're obsessed with art, I wish I had the energy to "RACE" anywhere!:D:p Thank you!
-R-

So...Dr. (Bobby) Frankenstein... We finally meet! You've created a MONSTER! IT'S ALIVE!!! Yeah! Ya caught me, 5B and a little tar too, for added measures!:D yeah, I was in chat, but my sinuses made me to where I wasn't too much fun, I had to force myself to draw last night, I still had fun though! I did actually go out on "The Roof", but left, 'cause I kept seeing these strange dancing little red lights on my clothes, everywhere I walked, it was so pretty, but kind'a spooked me when I heard a lot of clicking sounds, so I went home instead. Uuuuummmmm Pretty red lights... Thanks Bobby!
-R-

Samantha: Thank you, I appreciate your commments!:)
-R-

Diana: Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
-R-

TJ: Hmmm... I figured that you would've been the one that went to jail last night in chat, I guess the money I fronted wasn't enough for commissioner Gordon! "El Wooso Grande'"? Who...? Ohhhh, you mean my double, yeah, he is...:D You're right, it was a popular pic tonight, I liked seeing the different ways people see the same thing too, it's fun though! "EWG"?... Is that Eskimo for EWWWWW!?:D Thanks TJ!
-R-

Sandra: I appreciate your thoughtful comments.
-R-

Sherville: uuhhh... Thank you Hon!:D Yeah, you're right, it was very hard work, well, you know how lazy I am anyway!:) Venez de la maitresse du diable, je prends votre compliment! I always wove your words...
-Dieu Bleu courtes des Chaussettes-:angel:

GreenCook: That's one of my all time favorite songs, "Cheap Sunglasses"! Thank you for your opinions, they are really appreciated! I kind'a will hang on to these pics that were chosen, I would like to do a more detailed 'something' later on, I'm not too sure as to how yet though, they're too good of choices to not draw 'em, to me. Thanks!
Randy-

Caron
01-21-2002, 05:52 PM
Love it as always Randy. Interesting most chose this one with different focus..
your reflections are great..would have liked to see what you would have done with the 2 hours!
By the way, I like yours better!:D Thanks for letting me know..
Caron:cat:

diane555
01-28-2002, 08:41 AM
Hi Randy

Can I assume this was another Saturday Drawing event? This is lovely. Good pencil work here and nice contrasts. Wow! You certainly can scribble fast! I didn't even know these things were going on. Good thing for Yeilding who seems to be paying attention. Some of us over there have our heads stuck in the clay...or stone. I'm just trying to figure out how you find time for these and still get all that grass cutting & leaf raking done???? LOL I just figured out what the SDE and SND means..geesh I thought it was some kind of secret code for the pencil workers union! Can't wait to see more. And I'm going to try to get in on the next one.

Take care
Di