PDA

View Full Version : SND - 30min sketch...WC later

baquitania
01-20-2002, 08:57 PM
Hey I am dying to paint this, but I'm jumping into the TAW chat, so I will have to wait till later... I've been altering it alittle with my scanner, but plan to attack the sketch with watercolors later tonight... see you guys later for Drawing Chat

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2002/tntsml1hrsktch.jpg

Here's the original pencil...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2002/sml1hrsktch.jpg

Bobby ;)

ZOTMA
01-20-2002, 10:09 PM
great sketch
blocked in most superb fashion
do you mean you're going to paint this one here (the drawing)
or just this image on another try?
this is awesome

addphan
01-20-2002, 10:48 PM
this looks like a great start, bobby...please post your watercolor when you finish!:)

sajemak
01-21-2002, 12:20 AM
Bobby... I'm astonished at how fast you can draw! I would love to be able to draw this fast and still have it look this good! :)

Samantha

dnip24
01-21-2002, 12:25 AM
Pretty picture Bobby! excellent colors combinations!

pencils4me
01-21-2002, 01:12 AM
Geesh your sketches are always so crisp and clean...........

Can't wait to see the watercolor, should be awsome ;)

TJ

sherville
01-21-2002, 07:31 AM
Wonderful as always, Bobby.
Hey, what sort of paper did you use? I like the texture, I'm gonna guess that it's watercolour paper since you plan to colour it...?

Shelley
01-21-2002, 07:51 AM
very nice...love the courseness of the paper whatever it is...and thanks for starting all this...*smiles*....also how does someone find the rest of you in the chat part? (i really need to explore here more)....

Shelley

Sandra Nunes
01-21-2002, 08:02 AM
:) Bobby
Very good job, I like the wau you shade with lines. In 30 minutes!
You're really fast! Can you tell us what's the size?
Sandra

baquitania
01-21-2002, 08:20 AM
Shelley use the pull down menu at the upper left that say Community, then select chat, and click go... When you get there, scroll down, pick which icon you'd liked and check the circle next to it... Below that sign in like you do when you log on here at WC.

The window will change to the chat browser window, minimize this and DO NOT close it or you will be thrown out of chat... In a few seconds the Chat Applet itself will open, and on the right will be the icon you chose and your name... at the bottom will be a horizontal box where you can type...

Normal chat after 10 is simple and slow moving if you're lucky, but recently these Drawing night chats have garnered upto 20 people all at the same time, and it moves like a ticker tape board!
You can adjust this by clicking the settings tab under the list of names to the right, then click options, another pull down menu has the words slow and very slow, select that, and click save, and that night the lines of conversation by us should be easier to understand....

Sandra: This is arches 140 cold pressed paper and I cut it to fit my scanner, so it's about 8 x 12, give or take 1/2 an inch...

Sherville, Pencils4me and Samejak: Thanks guys... Ana yep it's wc paper, TJ crisp and clean, you must have me mistaken... I couldn't draw a straight line with a ruler... ;) Sam, it comes from timing yourself in life drawing classes with 1 minute and 2 minute drawings of the model... though at the time I hate doing those...

Dnip24: thank you my scanner did all the choosing... though can i ask YOU why you write so few lines? oops I just did... ;)

Addphan & Zotma: Yes I will post both here and in the WC forum, and yes I plan to paint right over the sketch, as I have the saved scan now... and can proceed with the real stress lol:D

Bobby

mebucko
01-21-2002, 05:16 PM
Hey Bobby! Great stuff here! You did get alot done in a short amount of time, that's for sure. You sure you're not 16? You couldn't have a full-time job AND do all of the art you do too!:evil: :p
I really do appreciate you starting this Drawing Nights thing, WHO KNEW?:D I would be most interested in seeing the finished water color after it's done too! Good job!
Randy

Caron
01-21-2002, 06:01 PM
Great sketch but Im not surprised!AND you did the whole thing
This one was popular last night. I too would like to see this done..
and, thank you as well for these Drawing nights. I missed the first but certainly look forward to the next. Looks like they are a hit! :D
Caron

baquitania
01-22-2002, 02:56 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jan-2002/sndwc1a.jpg

Well here's my first layer of color, knowing me 2 - 3 are gonna come... Gonna try and hold back, though now I don't have a time limit to stop me :( Actually this took about 40 minutes, so technically I have 50 left :D

Bobby

Caron
01-22-2002, 03:17 PM
Bobby this is going to be fantastic! You are inspiring me to try watercolour!! Cant wait to see it done. The water is what has really drawn me and bold direct colours!!
Caron:cat:

sajemak
01-22-2002, 05:02 PM
Bobby... this is going to be AWESOME!!!! I love what you have going so far! :)

:clap:

Samantha

pencils4me
01-22-2002, 06:43 PM
*sigh*

TJ

ZOTMA
01-22-2002, 11:29 PM
rich watercolor so far
the dimension you're setting up
and the reflection...
it's all coming along very well
looking forward to the finish

baquitania
01-23-2002, 01:23 AM
More work... here's from start to now...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jan-2002/sndwcsteps123.jpg

A blow of the current stage is in the watercolor forum...

Bobby

baquitania
01-24-2002, 04:22 PM
Done! Hooray! On to postcards... boo... just kidding...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Jan-2002/1baqsndfinalwc.jpg

Here are all 5 stages... the final scan is more blue on account of I removed the yellowish tint my scanner always seems to add...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Jan-2002/sndsteps12345.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Bobby

pencils4me
01-25-2002, 10:13 AM
Mind if I sit here a look at this all day?.............*sigh*

TJ

Wally's Mom
01-25-2002, 11:23 AM
Fantastic !:clap: :clap: :clap:

KanuK
01-25-2002, 07:47 PM
I love it Bobby... the reflections in the water are very convincing. I also love the controlled use of colour on the statues & columns
:clap:You captured the essense of antiquity very successfully.

Also... " thanks " for posting the various ~ progressive stages ~ .

I find it very useful, as well as " enjoyable" , to see how a work evolves to reach it's final destination.

I'd say... " it's ready for framing!"

... congratulations..on a great watercolour!!

KanuK

sherville
01-26-2002, 03:19 AM
I'm with TJ... *sigh*

sajemak
01-26-2002, 12:58 PM
Very nice bobby! :clap:

Doesn't it feel good to actually finish something??? (I wouldn't know.... it's been a couple weeks. ;)) hehe

Samantha