PDA

View Full Version : Your impression

Solga
10-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Hello,

I don't post my works here too often, but read and see much. Since I've restarted my studies in painting, I've decided to get professional advice from time to time re. my works (mainly watercolors and pastel).
So to begin - quick sketch of a baby lion. Please tell me what do you think (and not only pleasant things:)
:)
Regards,
Olga
http://www.fotothing.com/photos/973/973efc310d9a48783aa4bf8c9f8be0dd.jpg

Celeste McCall
10-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Very cute lion. Makes me want to pet his little head. ;)

WOW, keep painting and posting. ;)

Lots of clappies and smilies . ;)

seedy
10-15-2005, 03:22 PM
HI Olga.....
Well.....first of all, there are but a handfull of pro's around here, but there are plenty of advanced amateurs....right folks? ;-)

Someone will be along to point out the advantages of uploading to the thread....
He's colourful, cute cuddly and imaginative......and if thats what you were going for ....you got it. The reflection in his left eye says loads about your talent.

Just a little something about his left forearm that throws it off a little....maybe not chunky or fat enough.....those babies have huge paws and legs.
And welcome to WC!

painterbear
10-15-2005, 05:09 PM
Olga,

Welcome to the Watercolor Forum. Glad you've decided to put your works here. It would help if you attache them by using the Uploader Button that is above the window, that way they would show when we open your threads.

Your little lion cub's face is precious and I like the way I can see the blending of the washes. I think his body doesn't measure up to his wonderful face, it seems unfinished.

Brian also has a good point about the size of his paws. They really do look huge compared to the rest of their body at that stage of life.

I look forward to seeing more of your work here.

Sylvia

bluegenes
10-15-2005, 05:44 PM
Hi! I like your lion cub, it's so cute. I love all the big cats.
I agree that the body seems unfinished. The slope of his back seems a bit severe. Maybe make his back just angle down slightly from his head?
Otherwise really nice!

Patty

laudesan
10-15-2005, 08:52 PM
I think he is too cute, love the loose look..

Welcome..:)

Solga
10-16-2005, 05:05 AM
2 Brian: yeah, I know about pros/amateurs proportion here, but I really think it doesn't matter looking at your works:)
2 all: thanks for all your comments, I really do appreciate and will keep posting (is this forum the most appropriate place to get an opinion on your works, btw?)

and let me add, that just looking at all your wonderful works really makes my day, so hope we stay together :)

painterbear
10-16-2005, 06:31 AM
...2 all: thanks for all your comments, I really do appreciate and will keep posting (is this forum the most appropriate place to get an opinion on your works, btw?)

Olga,

The Studio (where we are now) is definitely the place to post your paintings for asking for help or comments on paintings you feel may not be quite finished and you will still be working on.

Once you get the painting to the point where you think it is ready for your signature (in other words, finished), you can post it in the Gallery and also in the Thumbnail Gallery (the link is at the top of the Gallery Forum or in our Moderator Yorky's posts).

Sylvia