PDA

View Full Version : Streching Question in general

kptad2
10-13-2005, 06:22 PM
hi guys...
i have abit of a dilema with a painting some one purchased... thorugh a site where they would print my digital pieces on to canvas.. well the person who has the piece is very un happy with the quality .. of teh whole thing .. but i know that she is not saying anything or too much about it because shes a friend adn wants to be nice.. and now this is not the first reaction i have gotten from this particular place about the quality of the final product.. UG is what comes to mind first .. anyway the size the piece she bought was 58"x72" and was fairly costly espeically since i didnt get much of that sale.. :eek: but i guess i wil have to get over that for the moment .. but what i am wanting to do this for this person .. is try to recreate the painting she bought ( being that is was a digital piece) and put it on canvas and do it the traditonal way ..

but here is my dilema!!!!! :eek: i have been looking through some the more well known places to buy canvas and so far all of them fall short of pre-stretched to the size i need.... now

how hard is it to stretch canvas or will i be better off just buying one custom from somewhere?? please i need all the suuggestion as possible for this/ if you have something in mind that might work beter please let me..
i truely want whoever buys my work to be happy with what they get in all aspects of the piece .etcc..
so thank you a milion times now for the help ..
kim :wave:

mick11
10-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Hi Kim,
IMHO you would be better off getting a custom stretched canvas for a one off job.
Try a google search, I am sure you will find something.
Mick

kptad2
10-15-2005, 04:22 PM
thanx mic.... that what my gut is telling me .. just needed a little conformation.. :D

Marty C
10-15-2005, 09:40 PM
It's not that hard to stretch canvas, I have done many of the 66" by 35" size with no problems, and there are folks here who have done far bigger works.
The crunch comes though if you don't have the tools, and don't intend doing anymore stretching to justify buying the tools.
You can buy stretchers or make the frame yourself. To stretch the canvas you will need a good staple gun and stretching pliers.
Have a look at this article for some tips and methods:http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/16809/403/

kptad2
10-16-2005, 11:25 AM
:D Thank you very much Marty, this was really helpful!....
still a little taken back buy doing it for this particular piece though ..
i want it to be nice.. and im afrai of doing it Half way adn things being all wobbly... but this article is very useful though ....
kim