PDA

View Full Version : Me Again. I've been working on web site. Please take a look.

Luann
10-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Hi there. I really appreciated the comments about updating my web site. I've made a first pass at it. I think it still needs more, but is much less cluttered, I think.

What do you think???

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

semiabstract
10-09-2005, 07:38 AM
I think your site is looking good! Navigation is user friendly, and the layout is nice.

Only a couple of things I think that need a little work.

1.) The photography, the pics are a little dark on my monitor, and it makes the details hard to discern. The enlarged pics are not that much larger than the original.

2.) The group photos, I personaly dont like them if it is not a complete set.
Matching watch, earrings, and necklace and bracelet are okay if its a package deal. But three different individual watches in the same photo is kind of distracting.

Other than those couple of little things, I think you're doing great. :clap: :D

Trish_Brady
10-09-2005, 07:59 AM
LuAnn,

Your site looks really good, easy to read and navigate around. Your bead work is sooooooo beautiful! The best I've ever seen. I love the variety you have, the colors are magnificent. It's not like anything I've seen from the bead jewelry makers around here. I'm going to have to check out your ebay store. Keep up the great work!

Trish:clap:

Luann
10-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi DeAnna; Love those clapping faces! Thanks so much for your comments. Yes, some of the photos are dark. Taken before I managed to figure out the camera very well, and I should (and will) retake them. The enlarged pics are, actually, twice as large. Maybe not enough. I can make them larger. I'll give it a try. And I do know what you mean about the group photos...but I did them here for the simple reason that I did not want to put a lot of individual listings up. I think, actually, that I have too many up even now. But I actually like the three watches. I guess it's just a preference sort of thing. Sometimes, when someone has a drop down menu and picks one, they are more likely to buy. My old ad exec habits strike again. I want you to know how special I think it is when someone takes the time to look, consider and critique. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that !!!

That's to you too, Trish. Thank you so much for taking the time and sending all those compliments!!! If you think my beads are the best you've ever seen, I can only think you haven't seen many beads. BUT...THANK YOU!!! That's very nice of you. Hope to see you lurking around my eBay ads.

Again, thanks to you both. Much appreciated!!

KetchikanSculptor
10-20-2005, 05:34 PM
I just took a brief stroll around your web site. I think it's very lovely and the pictures are coming along real well! Nothing to sneeze at dearie! Looks all good to me!

UmaJulz
10-21-2005, 11:44 AM
You mentioned that you thought maybe the first page was a little cluttered- yeah, a little, but you can make use of the rest of the left hand column to put "cluttery" things in , such as your "vote for my site" box, and the other little box to the right of the heading.
I agree with the others that some of the photos are too dark and too small- try going up to 4x the size so that we can see the detail really well. the qualtiy of the phots on the "favorite beads" page are really great- so nice and crisp, so I know that you can and probably will take others to replace the darker, fuzzier ones.

Tell us more about the jewelry boxes- do you and your husband make them together? Do you have more than one view of the boxes? that would be helpful to me as a shopper. I like big pictures, so of course, I would like to see them bigger here too. I thought that maybe the navigation arrows would lead me to more photos of the same item- but it is for other items- you might want to label that in some way "product gallery" or something.

I definitely like your site, the insides more so than the first page. simpler, cleaner would be better, maybe with photos that link to another page with the bulk of the text on them, rather than having the text on the front page.

Trying to be encouraging and constructive- I know that I would want the same.
Show us more!
Julz