PDA

View Full Version : Two Birds & a Bamboo

TrickyV
10-06-2005, 10:43 PM
This pic of the birds was in a National Geographic some years ago. With a few changes and adding the Bamboo I came up with this 5" x 7" scratchboard. I'm in a quandre as to finish the wing of the lower bird or just leave as is. Please speak your piece..............Victor :wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2005/62776-IMG_0465_resize_resize.JPG

valchina612
10-07-2005, 05:04 AM
Victor, this is lovely. I can't make up my mind about the wing -- I honestly think that whichever way you go would look quite OK. I like it as it is, but feel I need to have this one and one with a finished wing to see side by side to decide for sure. Trust me to want to see something that's impossible :rolleyes: Maybe we will wait to see what others have to say as I am 50/50. Lovely work. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

Mary Woodul
10-07-2005, 07:15 AM
Victor, I love your work it very nice and makes you feel the flutter of the wings. If you hadn't mention the wing I don't think I would have noticed that it wasn't finished. I now feel that it would look nice finished because it would complete the compositioon.

lisilk
10-12-2005, 10:54 PM
I like this very much. It has a very asian ( complex) simplicity that allows the mind to fill in the blanks. I would leave the wings alone as it does seem to add movement. Are you prepping your own boards and taking off that much white ? It's very nice whatever you are doing.

Li

Jakeally
10-13-2005, 08:54 AM
I would leave it as is Victor. Let the viewer use their imagination.
Whatever you decide to do this is a beautiful piece :clap: :clap: