PDA

View Full Version : Sapphire

Nitsa
10-04-2005, 05:06 AM
Managed to go into town yesterday and get the canvasses I needed.
This is another of my new series.
5x5"
Finity

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Oct-2005/18769-Sapphire.JPG

Does it work?
This one is slightly more zoomed in than my "Ruby" one.

A side view:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Oct-2005/18769-Sapphire2.JPG

alfredart
10-04-2005, 05:18 AM
What a great series this is. I can't wait to see more from the "Master". Can't wait to see the next one. The depth that you achieve is awesome.

Peace,
AL

nohojo
10-04-2005, 05:19 AM
the depth is excellent. your work is excellent. Think i'm gonna go do some sketches. thanks, -joey

bullyluvver
10-04-2005, 05:52 AM
Yes it definitely works! And since your used to these gallery wrap canvas's Anita, do you recommend painting on the sides? Your's look great, but I'm not sure mine would with a dog on it?

Gail
ps...still waiting for you to spill the beans about your your show... :D

3chaway9
10-04-2005, 07:06 AM
:clap: :clap: Fabilicious.........just made that up...lol :clap: :clap:

Nitsa
10-04-2005, 07:23 AM
Thankyou Al! ;)

Joey thankyou, so pleased to have inspired you. Are you currently working on a rose project too? I seem to remember something along that line, am I right?

Thankyou Gail! I think that painting the sides on a macro really works, it seems to give a 3-dimensional feel, another aspect to an already unusual angle. I wouldn't suggest that you do this with animals myself though as it could distort the image somewhat, portraits are difficult enough without having to worry about wrapping features around a canvas! LOL!

Caroline...Love the new word! LOL! Thankyou! ;)

Bertoni
10-04-2005, 07:39 AM
Anita:
Your stuff is amazing!! :clap: :clap: WOW! What depth!
Do you get 5x5s already stretched in gallery wrap? Do they sell them in that size??

Nitsa
10-04-2005, 08:15 AM
Thankyou Bertoni! :)
Yes I buy them already wrapped. They are by Loxley and, although they obviously make them, most of the shops I know do not stock them. :(
I had to travel 30 miles for these and purchase 10 while they had them in stock.
They cost 3 each.

ottwork
10-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Beautiful, Anita!!! I think it definitely works! Do you have a link to "Ruby?" I'm not recalling it right now - did I miss it, or am I just forgetful????

bullyluvver
10-04-2005, 10:32 AM
5"x5"? I never knew you could get a canvas so tiny? That makes this an even bigger achievement in my eyes then! Wow....

Gail

Nitsa
10-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Thankyou Diahn, here's the link to "Ruby" (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298206). ;)

Gail...Yes, 5x5"...Tiny huh!
I'm hoping they will prove useful as stocking fillers at my show and affordable pieces for those that enjoy my larger works...Trying to cover all grounds! ;)

gurleygirl
10-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Gorgeous!!

Charlie's Mum
10-04-2005, 11:05 AM
It does have a tremendous sense of depth Anita - and the 'wrapping' does work with these, you're right ...... and again, agree it doesn't work for everything!
I think this should be a suucessful little series and i'll be interested to know how well they 'go' :D

If you're a member of the SAA, they have these little Loxley canvases, 35mm 'Chunky' @2,90 for members, per pack of 2 canvases.. Bulk buy of 60 =77.76, approx 1.30 each.
So if you like this size, it's worth becoming a member! :D

Nitsa
10-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Oh Maureen...You have no idea how hard I am kicking myself right now!
I am a gold member of the SAA :crying:
It's about the only place I didn't check and such a saving!!!! :crying:
Thankyou anyway, I'll know where to go if/when I need more. I'll be sure and let you know how they "go". Arts aren't much appreciated here in my neck of the woods so I thought it sensible to include some at affordable prices. I'm happy to say that with the help of myself and other artists in the area, art is getting pushed into the public eye more now with the hope of being appreciated in the not too distant future. ;)

Thankyou Gurleygirl!