PDA

View Full Version : Segregated Man

raizes
10-03-2005, 10:49 PM
I didn't see a Surreal forum so I guess I'll just post this here.

16" x 20" acrylic on canvas board

Rich

Anita Murphy
10-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Deep meanings in this. Very conceptual and thought provoking piece! I do like work that makes you think.

3chaway9
10-04-2005, 07:04 AM
:wave: Hi Rich,
great idea for what is a very topical painting...i have this fantasy...
of the far far future...which we won't be in ofcourse...and if the people of the world don't completely devastate it...Because of universal travel...all the races of mankind get mixed together...and all their good points come to the fore...i just think that it would be marvelous...like the song says....'in a great big melting pot'....i would like to see a painting of the person which would emerge then...what would they look like?...and just think ...there won't be issues about..creed...colour... religion ...politics...just my fantasy..... :D

chaz
10-04-2005, 10:00 AM
An interesting and though provoking image Rich. Lots of meanings on severak levels. Not to mention an excellent technical piece.

Chuck

raizes
10-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Thank you all for the comments.

As much as we want to believe that we are living in a trully integrated, loving, prejudice free society....in reality we are not. We as human beings still judge each other on color, sex, language accents, etc. I'm not pointing fingers at any one race other than the human race. This includes all of us.

We live in segregated neighborhoods, segregated cities. Our children (for the majority) still go to segregated schools. Even our churches, the place where we worship God is segregated. Many of the jobs in the market are even segregated. Our minds are segregated. When we talk, we bring up the subject matter's race as if it is important to mention. Our news media, advertisements and such are segregated as well. Certain words in our language bring up images of a certain race...

We live separate lives, segregated lives and yet we all came from the same place, the same seed