PDA

View Full Version : New Site Now Up! Check It Out.

BurningScentsations
10-01-2005, 01:33 PM
I fought it. I didn't want to have to program at home and at the office, but I've finally bit the bullet and got a web site set up complete with store.

I'm not done loading pictures and stocking the store, but I would love to get some feedback on the design and how it loads at different connection speeds.

This is just the first version, and I already have plans to expand a number of the sections as time permits.

For this weekend, it's going to be back to the torch and get cracking on making a few items.

Have a great weekend!

Lloyd

Beth Myers
10-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Lloyd,
I can find nothing wrong and everything right!
Outstanding job.
While the colors are masculine, and I'm not, I found them a little heavy, but for your site I think they work.
I was very impressed with all the information, the set up, very easy to navigate, your photos are clear and bright, and the speed was spot on.
As an information nut, I loved the background on beads, you, the site, everything you could think to ask, and some you wouldn't have thought to ask, were answered and my curiosity peaked to keep looking.
Again, not just empty kudo's, GREAT JOB!
Beth

BurningScentsations
10-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Beth,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad you like the site. I have a lot of plans for improvements and additions as time permits. It is such a relief to have it up and running.

I'm finally back at my torch getting some items together to put into the store. The past few weekends have been devoted to getting all of the pages together, content written, picture taken, etc.

Fortunately, I'm on a roll now with the making the beads again, and that too is a relief. I'm always afraid I won't remember how after being out for a few weeks or so.

Anyway, thanks again for your beautiful review and taking the time to check it out.

Have a great weekend,

Lloyd

Luann
10-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Lloyd:

I think your site is really well done. And I like your logo. It says it all. I do have one suggestion...and maybe it's just me, but when I see a photo, I generally click on it, expecting either to go somewhere or see a larger one. The photos on the left aren't clickable (but then you knew that). And are small, so I'm not sure of the purpose. If you do not want them to go anywhere, maybe a close-up photo of a part of the piece would be in order. Just a thought.

Again, very nice!

BurningScentsations
10-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Luann,

Thank you so much for your review of my web site, and I'm glad you liked it.

Your critique of the graphics not linking to the same item as the menu option has been requested a few times. It was one of those items that was always meant to be done, but got lost in the shuffle.

Last night I updated all of the buttons to link to the various menu options just like the text and that feature is now working on the site.

Thanks again for taking the time to check out my site.

Happy Beading,

Lloyd

KetchikanSculptor
10-15-2005, 04:29 AM
I enjoyed looking over your site Lloyd. I tend to lean toward a more masculine look so I enjoyed the layout and the colors. The links seemed to work well... at least the ones I clicked through. Great job my friend! See ya later... I sent you an email from there as well.