PDA

View Full Version : Seller fees are going up!

tammy
01-17-2002, 08:11 PM
For those who don't know yet, Ebay has made the announcement that their seller fees are going up almost across the board. Also there is now a fee for the Buy it Now feature. :(
We saw it coming!

pixieled
01-21-2002, 10:14 AM
I've never used the Buy it Now feature. Has it been useful for art auctions?

tammy
01-21-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by pixieled
I've never used the Buy it Now feature. Has it been useful for art auctions?
Sometimes it has been for me yet I think its one of those things you can either take or leave and it won't affect your auction much.
It's like if it looks as if your item is getting many hits then a buyer will buy it now so that means that you may come closer to getting what you want if you have set the BIN price close to what you wanted for it in the first place. It will also end your auction early and you may get paid faster.

The downside to it is that if the item is looking to be popular and you don't have your BIN price set close to what you want then someone may use it, it will stop your auction and you won't get to see if it gets bigger better bids on down the road or not.
Use it if you want, but don't think it would hurt you if you don't.
The fee for it at least to start is only going to be 5 cents.

Sumafra
01-21-2002, 10:55 PM
Most of my sales have been to single bidders. On a couple of occasions, I've had 2 or 3 bidders. So for me, the Buy It Now is a way to get a bit more than the minimum bid, since when there's only one bidder, all I get is the minimum bid.