PDA

View Full Version : My Sweet Abigail (kitty pic) - finished!

wintersrose
09-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Hello everyone!

I finally finished my kitty picture. I used to call her my sweet Abigail (Abby for short) so that's what I decided to title the painting. I'm pretty happy with it. I know a couple of you wanted to see it finished - so here it is! C&C welcome. Thanks for looking. :cat:

8x10 gallery stretched canvas

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Sep-2005/67627-abbyptgfinishedsml.jpg

JanB
09-29-2005, 02:56 PM
You've done a beautiful job! She has a very royal, dignified expression LOL ! Nice job with the eyes too...I always think they make or break a portrait (human or animal).

bullyluvver
09-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Very nice kitty - I like the blue curtain behind her.

Gail

Charlie's Mum
09-29-2005, 03:09 PM
She's a beauty - well done!
Any chance of close ups of details?

wintersrose
09-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Jan: Thank You! She was the "Queen" of the house in her day, and she looked the part, too, lol! I'm glad you like the eyes. This is the first time I've painted eyes on anything, so I was experimenting. I was pleasantly surprised that they turned out so well. My husband probably thought I was nuts because I couldn't wait to show him, lol!

Gail: Thank You!

Maureen: Thank You! Certainly I can get some detail pics! Sorry I didn't think of that before, but that's what you get when you're dealing with a rookie, lol. Anything in particular you'd like to see close up?

Charlie's Mum
09-29-2005, 04:56 PM
The eyes, the nose, the fur, the .......... everything in detail - lol!!!!!!!
If you click the link in my siggy, about uploading images, it has lots of useful info about the sizing too :D

3chaway9
09-29-2005, 05:02 PM
Hi Rosalie,
a serene beauty.....and such a calm painting it's lovely.

Bertoni
09-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Love it! Especially the way you've done the fur!!! :clap:

Nitsa
09-29-2005, 06:36 PM
I totally agree about the eyes making or breaking a portrait and you had every right to be excited about Abigails they are wonderful!!!
Well done!

asmith38
09-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Wow, Rosalie, I knew this was going to be a beauty from the beginning! This is wonderful!!!

wintersrose
09-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Maureen: Thanks so much for the info. I've added as many detail shots as possible, lol. Hope you like them!

Caroline: Thank you! I'm glad that her serenity came through in the painting. She was often my calm during a storm, lol!

Bertoni: Thank you! I had a lot of fun making the fur.

Anita: Thanks! That really means a lot coming from someone who paints (especially eyes) as well as you do!

Ann: Thank you so much for your confidence! I'm sure your kitty painting will be incredible as well. Speaking of which, how's it coming? :cat:

asmith38
09-30-2005, 12:14 AM
The details are just PERFECT!!!

Mine's coming along very slowly, I will post when I have it finished. Thanks for asking!

bjcpaints
09-30-2005, 10:27 AM
What a gorgeous, gorgeous cat Rosalie! You did a beautiful job of painting her - honoring her. Thanks for the closeups!
Barbara