PDA

View Full Version : Critique of my web site

TanjaJo
09-28-2005, 03:09 PM
I believe this is my first post to Wet Canvas. I've been studying the web site for a while, and have found lots of useful information. If you could critique my web site, as well, I would appreciate it. It has a variety of things on it, mostly my jewelry and other stuff. I just got some new (used) bead presses in the mail today and hope this will help in my bead making endeavors. I'm kind of out in the sticks here, and there isn't much opportunity to learn lampworking from anyone. I am also wondering if adding PayPal to my web site would help anything to sell. My address is: www.griffinparkoriginals.com . Thanks, Tanja

k.t.
09-28-2005, 09:48 PM
Tanja,
I enjoyed your site very much and we have alot in common. It's very professional with excellent pictures. Very nice. I'd like to see alot more of your work and beads. It needs more lampwork. I found that I have to "fish" for customers then they go to my site and buy. It was only once in a blue moon that someone would stumble upon my site and buy something. My site is just now doing its job for me and it's been one year. I think you just have to hang in there but in the beginning it seems like alot of work for nothing.
kt

TanjaJo
09-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Thank you. I just purchased a collection of bead presses off of e-bay and got them in the mail today. I hope to have some beads soon that are "worthy" of putting the web site. Thanks for looking it up for me, I appreciate it. It has been a little over a year I think that it's been up and running, and I've only had one purchase off of it jewelry-wise. The rest is all horse-related traffic. - Tanja

k.t.
09-29-2005, 08:58 AM
I have horses also and had more horse related links in the beginning. I now have one horse page that is tacked way out there on my links page. I was selling these silly horse shoe nail girls off my site, so horse traffic helped me in the beginning. Maybe some horse related jewelry items would help. Did you do your site yourself? It is quite good.

k.t.

TanjaJo
09-29-2005, 10:46 AM
No, I didn't do my web site myself. I tried one of those free ones for a while, but it was really awful. I am just not that good with computers. I did, however, take most of the photos! Being you have horses, you can understand the great lengths I went to to get my header photo. My spotted saddle horse gelding, Griffin, is a big boy. I had to photograph that picture with no halter, and trying to clip the jewels on him (me being 5'1) and then getting the other 8 horses milling about to stay away long enough for me to snap pictures, and on a windy day. So I'm proudest of that photo. I saw some web sites that Onalaska Web did for other customers, and I liked them so I forked over the $$ to have it professional done. The only bad thing is it seems to cost so much to get photos taken on and off. That's why only a fraction of my work is on there. I e-mail them my updates, and they make it for me.

rosebead
09-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Its a lovely website- (by the way you have some beautiful horses)
Very nicely laid out and easy to navagate. I like the blue boarders- very nice color.
I agree with k.t it needs more lampwork & I would also add you need to find a more individual unifyed style for your jewelry. Maybe that will come when you add more of your own lampwork to it. It is ALL very nice but none of is really says "this is Tanya Jo"-
Good luck & show us your lamp work! :)