PDA

View Full Version : Cold blue

artdude
01-17-2002, 12:18 PM
Here is another colored ink. It's pretty basic as I just used one color in this one. I masked out the white areas and then just did a wash of blue ink. After it was dry I removed the mask and added a few light blue highlights to those areas. I also added some black ink lines to the sky. I'm not sure if this is finished yet, but I don't know what else to do with it. Any ideas?? :D

PS: The line you see running up and down the right side of the pic is from me trying to stich the scan together from my graphics program :(

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jan-2002/blue2.jpg
Titled: Cool Blue

els
01-17-2002, 01:21 PM
Interesting... What's the size?

artdude
01-17-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by els
Interesting... What's the size?

The original size is 12 1/2" X 8". Thanks for looking els :)

dnip24
01-17-2002, 05:13 PM
Pretty cool picture!

arlene
01-18-2002, 09:39 AM
it's interesting...I probably would have liked to see touches of the white brought into the sky and water...right now it feels like it's been cut into three sections...the top, the white and the bottom...adding some of the white would have removed this feeling.

artdude
01-18-2002, 12:36 PM
THANKS dnip24, arlene :)

I will consider your recommendations arlene :D

NorahT
01-19-2002, 10:29 AM
A gentle, peaceful painting. It looks like the seashore to me - maybe a few birds and/or rocks would tell a bit more of a story :)

artdude
01-19-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by NorahT
A gentle, peaceful painting. It looks like the seashore to me - maybe a few birds and/or rocks would tell a bit more of a story :)

Thanks for commenting Nora :) Not sure about the rocks, but a few birds could make it into this composition. :D

RuthT
01-20-2002, 12:49 PM
I've been thinking about this one Artdude. It is a beautifully peaceful and calming painting, but it does need something more imo.

I see it with some white foam in the foreground, and white birds in the sky. But at this stage I guess you would have to add them with opaque white or a gel pen - if such techniques are not against your principles. :D :D

sassybird
01-22-2002, 10:42 AM
Arlene and Ruth gave some good suggestions. I think a few white birds and the hint of foam on the waves would set this piece off nicely. I know the size is relatively small, but I can see something like this on a large scale too. Do you also paint?

artdude
01-22-2002, 11:58 AM
Thanks Ruth I like your ideas, but I have shown this piece to my art club members and most of them think that maybe just a bit more white in the water area should do. I'll think about all the suggestions made here and will post anything new I do to it. I am thinking I could work on any additions in a computer graphics program, just so I don't ruin the original.

Sass I'm afraid this has been the extent of my painting. I have done sooooo much graphite and tech pen work that the "brush" feels really foreign in my hands. Guess it just takes some getting used to. I would like to continue with some color works and was thinking that maybe I could eventually get into watercolor and inks. It would come close to what I am doing now with the colored inks. I am going to need a LOT of PRACTICE!! :) My color combinations should be quite unique ;)