PDA

View Full Version : Digital sculptural abstract

Turner
01-17-2002, 08:23 AM
Hi -

Here is the original (retouched) image and the "acrylicised" version of an abstract form.

The form was built in a 3D program, rendered in POV-Ray, then brought into Photoshop and retouched.

The second "acrylicised" images represents what I'd like to do in acrylic, given a little experience...

Turner
01-17-2002, 08:23 AM
And now the "acrylicised" version

AmyH
01-17-2002, 11:46 AM
cool image, chinese chararcters abstracted sort of. the acrylisized (sp) looks more to me like the resluts an airbrush would give, one on a smooth surface, the other on textured (paper more than canvas).

amy

colorme
01-18-2002, 07:47 AM
i like this kind of digital art better :)

Turner
01-18-2002, 08:56 AM
Thanks Amy -

Yes, it does look more like an airbrush... but I can do that with an airbrush! I'm learing acrylics/oils and color blending and transparency control are really tricky..

Andrew

Originally posted by AmyH
cool image, chinese chararcters abstracted sort of. the acrylisized (sp) looks more to me like the resluts an airbrush would give, one on a smooth surface, the other on textured (paper more than canvas).

amy

Turner
01-18-2002, 08:56 AM
Um... thanks! but-

better than what?

Originally posted by colorme
i like this kind of digital art better :)

Brubeck
01-20-2002, 10:08 PM
This is terrific. I have no idea how you did the digital image (not much of a tech head!), but both the pic and the painting are fabulous. Thanks for sharing them