PDA

View Full Version : Cigar Box Pastel Pochade

khourianya
09-26-2005, 10:35 PM
For those of you who saw my Cigar Box Pastel Pochade in the scumble last week, and those of you who are curious about what I'm talking about, the article has now been published in the plein air forum.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/47843/611/

Check it out! :D

Piper Ballou
09-27-2005, 01:15 AM
Cori-thank you so much for sharing with us. Is this the one you made with your dad? Have you tried it out yet? I need one for travel and this looks perfect.
piper

khourianya
09-27-2005, 01:26 AM
Nope - this is just the little cigar box one I made..the one I made with my dad, I didn't have a chance to take photos as I went. I may share my preliminary sketches on that oen if I can find them...

I did try this one out onthe weekend and it is fabulous! i love it. i want to make 3 more, just so i can have them pre-set for each season! :D It was so easy - just open and start painting!

Piper Ballou
09-27-2005, 01:28 AM
I like the cigar box...how many pastels will it hold?

khourianya
09-27-2005, 01:39 AM
probably close to 100 half pastels...give or take - depending how you shoved them in (and depending on the size of the cigar box.

I just won an auction for several cigar bxes on ebay..I will probably trun them all into Pochades as well...

Nancy Leone
09-27-2005, 10:05 AM
Cori, Thanks for your article. I've used a cigar box this summer for my plein air painting....like the idea of making a space for tools but might need to get a larger cigar box for that.

DLJohnson
09-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi Cori,

That is terrible about the Cassatt, I have one on backorder at Blicks, I think I better cancel before they ship. I sure wish I could order one from you or your dad. hint hint

The article is excellent, as usual.

Thank you for sharing your box and taking the time to document it for us.

Donna

khourianya
09-27-2005, 12:39 PM
mine was my homemade cassat. Not a pre-made one. and I thinkt he reason the lid shifted was that the pastels weren't put back as good as they could have been. I'm going to use it for my pencils now and I an sure it will be marvelous. I think Sooz has the cassatt from Dick Blick - you should ask her how secure the lids are (they are velcroed I think, whereas mine are magnets).

I'm still easing dad into the idea of becoming a pastelbox maker!