PDA

View Full Version : Customer Beware

prestonsega
09-26-2005, 04:55 PM
I have never given a bad review of any of our vendors, whom we rely on to get our supplies.. but I feel I must share briefly my experience this morning with Graphik Dimensions, Ltd. (pictureframes.com)

On their website is a "build it your self" program whereby you can see you frame package before purchase. One of my framed packages I ordered was, what I believe to be, incorrerctly cut by 10". My records indicated I ordered correctly and theirs indicated I did not. It became a long drawn out, transfer me around the office ordeal. Some things stated were, "...it has happened to a few other customers." and "...we can't provide a full refund.". This all over one $25 frame/ mat from an order over $125!

I finally advised customer service that I would keep what they shipped and had no desire to do business with them hence forth. Let me say, they were friendly and courteous, but I got the sense they thought I was trying to scam them. I simply didn't have the luxury of sitting around all day and waiting for them to "research my keystsrokes" to see who was right or wrong.

What ever happend to the customer is always right?

The program on their site is nice for viewing one's art your art ...but be careful when ordering with it, they don't refund for what I perceived as a weakness in their program.

Bringer
09-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Hi,

I work at the counter of a shop. In a case like yours in which you made a purchase of over 125 bucks (I suppose it wasn't 125 frames :-) ), I would give you the benefice (spell ?) of the doubt. Even if I knew I was right, it would be a way of keeping a customer.
I think that the only case in which I would not refund a customer's mistake would be if he/she ordered something made on purpose and that thing would be difficult to resell.

Regards,

Josť

prestonsega
09-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Hi Jose, Let me restate my reasons for posting. It is not my intention to steer artists away from this vendor, but when ordering, be very careful...I don't trust their frame building program.

Khadres
09-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Wow...ten inches is more than just a "tad" off the mark, isn't it??? What silliness....they would have been much better off taking the return and giving credit in the long run. Too bad. Thanks for the heads up!

Kathryn Wilson
09-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Yes, thanks for the heads up Preston - we get catalogs from them all the time. I must say that a customer of mine chose a frame from them and when it was received, it perfectly matched what was in the catalog and went together well. But in my business, "the customer is always right." It is just plain good business practice.

I will be more aware of my dealings with them.

K Taylor-Green
09-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Thanks, Preston, for the heads up. I sure don't need more hassels in my life!!

prestonsega
09-27-2005, 12:41 AM
You guys are welcome...and again, let me say,,,it is the frame building program not the staff that I have concerns about,,,,,the company produces quality products,,,,,,just be careful when ordering.

Speaking of framing......aghhhh,,,I just finished a 30" x 24" mat/.glass /and framing ...and forgot to sign it!!! ( I know this hasn't happened to any of you...lol)

Shari
09-27-2005, 06:20 PM
I just did a transaction with this company also and had good and bad results. Two of the frames were perfect and two were not, and I am still awaiting a refund on those two, but I had to send them back at my own cost. Also, most of their mats are not acid-free. In the long run, by the time I got glass and foam core, I didn't save that much money.

Shari

Deborah Secor
09-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Speaking of framing......aghhhh,,,I just finished a 30" x 24" mat/.glass /and framing ...and forgot to sign it!!! ( I know this hasn't happened to any of you...lol)

Oh, noooo, never happens to us---NOT! I had the ultimate happen. I delivered a painting the same size to the gallery in Taos (about a 3 hour drive), they sold the painting, but the customer noticed it wasn't signed. I had to drive up to get it, bring it home (now 9 hours of travel into this painting), unframe it, sign it, reframe it, box it up and ship it to the customer's home at my expense! Aarrgghh! :eek: Trust me, I check closely now. (But it'll happen again, with my recent [lack of] memory!)

Just be glad you noticed it now! :p

Deborah

meowmeow
09-27-2005, 06:50 PM
I am still awaiting a refund on those two, but I had to send them back at my own cost.

That's intersting because I had a problem with a frame that came from them and was broken. They were amazing...the told me to pack it up and UPS would pick it up (or Fedex...whoever) and in the meantime they shipped me out a new one immediately...I had it 2 days later. It cost me nothing and I was quite impressed.
I wonder if something has changed or what happened.
I understand that Preston is talking about the program, not the people, although it does all sound very aggravating.

meowmeow

prettytulips
11-07-2005, 01:50 PM
You can always call your credit card company and file a dispute. This company will have to give reasons on their end as to why they didn't rectify the issue. The chargeback they get from their credit card processing company is high, sometimes 50.00 but the cc companies usually always side with the customer in a dispute. As a customer you have that right. They did NOT deliver what you ordered OR try to correct it. Cc companies want to make sure the company they process credit for tried to fix the problem and IF there is no warning on their site as to "If you get the wrong thing, tough" philosophy, they loose. Get your money back.

S

HarvestMoon
11-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Preston- thanks for the warning- probably a bug in their software that they don't know about, and likely they don't even understand how that can happen, not being in the software business- but, thanks for letting us know!