PDA

View Full Version : Third In The Secret Garden Series

Joannie
09-23-2005, 05:19 PM
Hello all you lovely people who encourage me with my current garden series. As its the weekend I have time to play before I go to bed, so will post my third in the secret garden series. Wait for it - this time you have to find the FAIRIES. Sorry if my photography is not good but I'll try to enlarge what I put in the hard drive.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Sep-2005/67582-secret_garden_IV__-_fairyglade.JPG

Joannie
09-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Oh Nitsa where are you? I need your photography. Why are my photos lacking in clarity??? They print ok.

jan409
09-23-2005, 05:41 PM
I love this one also. This is a wonderful series. Jan409

Charlie's Mum
09-23-2005, 05:50 PM
I love this tapestry of colour Joanni - and I think I can see one of the fairies! just need a larger size for these eyes ;)
How big is the painting? Is it scannable - by scanning in parts and stitching together?

In your photo editing suite, just make your longer dimension to 500 p and the size should come out OK in the Uploader.

mrs willow
09-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Another good one Joannie! :clap: :clap: This is a very engaging series. How many fairies are there? I think I have found three.
Cheers Sandy

yabby
09-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Just passing.... Lovely garden. Lot of colors and flowers. :clap: and a nice point of view.

bullyluvver
09-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Simply beautiful!

Gail

3chaway9
09-23-2005, 07:20 PM
I can't see this very well....sorry....i think i can see one fairy.

Leslie Pz
09-23-2005, 11:23 PM
Very nice! Love the colors in this!

I think I can't see any fairies, but I am sure if I saw the real painting, they would be easier to find!
-Les

Nanners
09-24-2005, 01:15 AM
that is gorgeous, I mean, look at that texture!! Beautiful :)

alfredart
09-24-2005, 03:00 AM
THis is such a fantastic series even without the faries. Really beautiful work.

Peace,
AL

Nitsa
09-24-2005, 06:53 AM
Oh Joannie...The very next project we work out when I come to you will be your images...They are just doing your beautiful work no justice at all - How frustrating!
Try to find "paint" before I come next and I'll show you a quick fix! ;)

Sadly I don't have a shot of this one myself and with the exhibition now ended there isn't much I can do to help right now...Sorry hun! :(

Joannie
09-24-2005, 10:46 AM
Thanks Charlies Mum for your advice. If only I had time to scan my 16 x 20 ins canvas this weekend, but I am trying to finish a rather realistic acrylic for a show in Norfolk in October. When I tell you its of fishing boats with massive nets tied up at the dock in Kings Lynn and there are three of them one behind the other - you 'll know how engrossed I am at present. ... but I will take your advise and scan the image in quarters and post them as soon as I can.. Meanwhile I am taking photos as I progress with the boats and maybe let you all see them in stages. Oh for more time in the day.Thanks everyone else for your kind comments re fairy secret garden.

Anita Murphy
09-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Joannie - this is so beautiful! I long to paint gardens and just can't get myself to do it!
Do you have a larger image of your avatar as that looks super too!

Joannie
09-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Hello Anita

Thanks for comments. I have grown my garden from scratch when we moved into East Anglia three years ago - and every corner is an inspiration. Just get out there and start working. Colour and shape abound and if you have had an artistic eye when planting hopefully a garden of your own, it will inspire you. Gardening and painting are both art forms. As regards the avatar. I posted this painting as my first entry into wetcanvas. It was titled HELLO EVERYONE I'M NEW and its on page 4 of the acrylic section. Hope you can find it and like it.