PDA

View Full Version : MAX the boxer 2nd

Dewi
09-23-2005, 07:17 AM
Since this is going to be given as a gift in a few hours could you please comment is Max alright? In photo yellow is too yellow. Thanks
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Sep-2005/61325-MAX_9-05_-2.jpg
and this the ref.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Sep-2005/61325-Pic_061_.jpg

k9artisan
09-23-2005, 07:22 AM
What a great painting! The boxer looks really good. The only suggestion I could make (and you can take it or leave it) is I would tone down the pink around the mouth just a few shades and have it blend a little more with the muzzle. The feet are fantastic and the eyes just say it all! Great work!
Amber

Dewi
09-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Thank you Amber I will do that after finish noticed its too pinky much appreciate. Max is going to US tonight still don't know how to pack it, hope acrylic is not stick to the wrapper.

bullyluvver
09-23-2005, 07:40 AM
Awww...what a cutie pie! I agree with Amber about the pink. Lovely painting.

Gail

Nitsa
09-23-2005, 08:21 AM
Agree with the suggestions offered...He is wonderful!

Would wrapping it in greaseproof paper first help?...May prevent it from sticking while in transit?

Dewi
09-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Thank you for your nice comment Gail.

Anita.. I did tone done as Amber sudgestion but I happend to be out of greaseproof paper and my stepson (owner of Max) is ready to fly so I put one piece of painting paper above it. He hand carry it, will the preasure of cabin will effect acrylic? Thank you for your kindly words and tip.

3chaway9
09-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Great painting and good likeness Dewie.

bjcpaints
09-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Wonderful job Dewie! I love the pose!!
Barbara

Dewi
09-24-2005, 08:55 AM
Thanks... yes Caroline, Max owner was very satisfied (surprise for the gift and likeness) except background colour, I offered him to change but he is afraid he couldn't bring back home.

Thanks Barbara, for your kindly comments.

Keith2
09-24-2005, 09:25 AM
I don't think the blue background goes with the dark brown fur, I suggest changing the background to a buff colour or a subdued yellow, which will create better harmony.

I'd paint a few more delicate highlights on the top of the dogs head and on the eyebrow ridges, always a prominent feature of boxers. He looks a happy dog !

Dewi
09-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Sorry to tell you that this painting is not with me anymore very far away. After I really look at the above picture then I noticed as you mentioned it's eye brows are not the same as ref.
Thank you for pointing this out and for the input about background colour, very much appreciate it, thought that background should not be the same shade. Thanks again.

Charlie's Mum
09-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Just a thought Dewi - take a trip to the US and paint the bk/gd there!!!!! ;););)
Acrylic paints travel OK, so you could have a painting holiday :D:D:D

I'm sure Max will be well settled in his new home very soon!

Dewi
09-25-2005, 07:02 AM
Yes Maureen and thanks that would be very nice... I'll tell him :) :) :)
He has phoned and says painting/acrylic was alright.
I was thinking maybe if he could paint with finger some gold acrylic just here and there background would be better?