PDA

View Full Version : OK, I'll be the first :)

Luthien
09-23-2005, 03:50 AM
I just finished my new website a few weeks as ago. I am having one problem that is really bugging me. I used Mozilla Composer to build it and I view it on firefox. It looks fine on there. The other day I viewed it with Internet Explorer and noticed that many of the text and link tables are not centered like they are suppose to be. I can't figure out why, or how to fix it. It is driving me crazy! Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

URL is in my sig line.

CharleneN
09-23-2005, 05:48 AM
I am on IE and the only offset links are on the beadstore page. The links row is offset to the left. On all of the other pages they are all centered very nicely. They all work too and overall I really like the look of your site. And your beads are gorgeous!!

I do have my monitor resolution set larger than normal and I tell my computer to override website settings so mine are in effect. Your site is working perfectly with my settings except for that one row. I don't know why that one row of links is off center or how to fix it but perhaps the problems you saw on your friends computer had to with her settings?

Luthien
09-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Hi charlene,

Thanks for taking a look. I have both Firefox and IE on my computer, so they are both on the same machine, I checked settings on everything. When I look at them with IE all of the gallery pictures have the link boxes to the left and the secials box is to the left, but the one in the store is ok... this is so weird. It seems to come up differently for everyone. I wonder if I can really fix it so that it will look good for all browsers...sigh. I really appreciate your comments and compliments, thanks again.

Beth Myers
09-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Hello Teresa,
I took a look and I like it. You've done a good job on the site.
I did have a pop up come up, maybe from your hosting site, it was in German, so I don't know. I use a pop up blocker, but it slipped through. I don't know if that is something you can avoid, if so, I would.
Outside of that, and it is a real pet peeve of mine, I thought the site navigated well, was easy to read and your work is so pretty.
Thanks for being brave enough to be the first in our new subform.
And all the very best on your sales and site.
Beth

ValorieCox
09-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Teresa, it looks quite nice to me. I like your background colors choices, the close up bead details are great and I like little personal touches like the cat's paw on the beads.

I do have a difficult time reading the black text against some of the darker backgrounds, such as the purple, and the type looked a little blocky to me...but perhaps it's the monitor.

The beads look great, lovely work!

Val

Luthien
09-24-2005, 02:35 AM
Thank you Beth and Val!

Yeah, I know about the pop-up. I need to find out how much money my web host wants to make it go away :/ I have a pop-up blocker too so I sort of forgot about it.

Val, yes, I think it has to do with different monitors and also browsers. I've looked at it on a few different computers and different browsers and it looks different on them all. I doubt if I can get it to look good on all of them, but I will keep trying! Thank you :)

wfdon
09-24-2005, 11:22 AM
looks good on this end nice website

Don