PDA

View Full Version : "Jiffy" a Pomeranian

k9artisan
09-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Hi all,

Well here is the latest. It's acrylic on hot pressed watercolor paper and measures 12 x 18 inches. Going for a looser approach.
Amber

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Sep-2005/40628-pomeranian_jiffysm.jpg

bullyluvver
09-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Awww...aint he cute! I love the *wildness* of your pictures Amber - always gives them lots of life! BTW, I did reply to your pm eventually, I'm so sorry I didn't see it sooner.

gail

Lady Carol
09-21-2005, 03:12 PM
The face is wonderful. You have really caught the character of the dog. You usually have great backgrounds. I am not so enthusiastic about this one :(

I never thought to use acrylics on hot pressed watercolour paper. I have a load of it from my watercolour days. Hmmmm!!! you have made the brain work for once......:D

Leslie Pz
09-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Expression is so well captured! Love the loose style, but wonder if there could be a tad bit more definition, in the tail's fur.

Background is unique and nice things are happening in the yellow (especially in the tail and the little paw), but would like to see it less brushed and more watery, like a watercolor background.

This is a nice technique and style. You certainly have a nice start, developing it! Keep it up!!!!
-Les

k9artisan
09-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Gail, thank you so much! Yes I got your PM and don't worry about it taking you a bit to read it. I understand and I am so happy that you have been really busy with your work lately. You have a wonderful talent and I am heard the calendars were a huge hit.
Carol, thank you too for writing. It's ok that you aren't crazy about the background. There is actually a lot more color than appears in the photo because it got washed out a bit by the flash. With so many brushstrokes with the dog I didn't want to overwhelm the painting by doing one of my usual backgrounds.
Les, thank you too for your comments. I will say that this isn't one of my favorite pieces I have done, so I really appreciate your feedback. I actually like the lines of the tail, but I can understand what you are saying. Thank you so much for your honest but very nice critique.
This is one of those that I am done with because it wasn't a pleasure as some others and while I am not going to make any changes, I still can learn from everyone's input and I really appreciate it. Thanks so much guys!
Amber

Chiers
09-22-2005, 04:19 AM
Aww your lil Pom is adorable. Your painting shows the spirit these little dogs have.