PDA

View Full Version : MFA programs for drawing

blacklacelily
09-21-2005, 03:50 AM
Hi everyone,
I am a senior BFA fine art major at Montclair State University in NJ. I plan on starting graduate school next year, but I'm having trouble deciding on which schools to apply. My major concern is my medium - I primarily make drawings (I do a little bit of everything - painting, photography, printmaking, etc. but drawing is what I'm most interested in). My drawing portfolio is far stronger then the rest of my work, and I feel that I would be at a large disadvantage if I decided to forego drawing for another medium in graduate school. However most of the schools I've looked at don't offer a "drawing concentration." They all have 2D programs of some sort but they seem to focus on painting and printmaking, and almost none of the websites I viewed showed any drawings among their offerings of student work. I don't want to waste my time/money with schools that don't even offer what I'm most interested in, so if anyone could suggest schools that might be worthwile for me to check out I'd appreciate it. Thanks. :)