PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone! Here's a new one...

gfxwiz
09-19-2005, 12:41 AM
Hi to everyone since it has been a VERY long time since I have posted. The bad new is I have been laid off from work for over three years - the good news is I have returned to my native New Mexico to go back to college (at age 52).

I actually gave up on watercolor for quite awhile but I am enrolled in a Basic Watercolor Techniques class. This is my first assignment - a monochromatic landscape. It is based on a photo from the Ref. Library of a mountain range in Turkey - I can't find the photo again but will give credit when I locate it.

The painting is on Arches 260# cold press. Finished size is 7 x 18. Painted with Schminke Manganese Violet.

Comments most welcome and thanks in advance.

Don

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2005/13247-crop_mountains_no_mat_wc.jpg

aszurblue
09-19-2005, 05:21 AM
Wow Don, that's a whole lot of colour from one tube of paint!! I like this very much!
Isn't going back to your homeland the best feeling?!! Going back to school at age 52 for a young whipper-snapper like you should be a breeze :D

laudesan
09-19-2005, 06:13 AM
This is lovely!!!

Congratulations on going back to school. This is the perfect time for it too. Yippeeeeeeeeee.. :D

gfxwiz
09-19-2005, 09:19 PM
aszurblue, JJ - thank you for looking at my painting and for the encouragement regarding school. I have a physics class in the mix so I need all the encouragement I can get :)

Don

laudesan
09-20-2005, 02:38 AM
LOL I will pass on the physics..;)

seedy
09-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Don.....
Don't try to make the football team ;-)
Good on you....its never too late...
If you are going to show just paintings, the Gallery is where you post them.
Things have changed a little I guess.

gfxwiz
09-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Thanks Brian - I just posted it in Gallery - Critiques welcome

Don