PDA

View Full Version : Glazing liquid - my mistake?

Eleonora Manapova
09-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Hello!!! :wave:
I used a Glasing liquid ( Glossy) when I painted my new body. everything seemed ok, but when I tryed to make slides for reproductions - there are a lot of hotspots on paitings everwhere.
Of course I'm not professional photographer, but I tryed to do everything properly....
Or may be using a glazing liquid was a mistake.... all brushstrokes so shiny.

I tryed to put the painting into scanner and to scan it... but texture of canvas looks like a net of glare. :o
Do I need to use pro photographer in this case ? Does he help me to have a perfect digital file of my paintings for production of editions of giclee prints? :confused:
Sos! I have only 3 days before ex!!!
Thanks for advance!!!

Lady Carol
09-18-2005, 07:51 PM
I use glossy glazing medium all the time and do not have this problem. You want to photograph outside without direct sunlight on the painting. Hope this helps.

eezacque
09-19-2005, 04:23 AM
Do I need to use pro photographer in this case ? Does he help me to have a perfect digital file of my paintings for production of editions of giclee prints? :confused:
Sos! I have only 3 days before ex!!!

I can usually get away with not using the flash and long exposure times. A pro uses polarised light and filter, to prevent reflections, so if things are as important as they sound, it might be worth the trouble...

Eleonora Manapova
09-19-2005, 10:50 AM
hello!
It seems like I missed this detail - about direct light. I've used a tungsten bulbs with 500 watt and I made shoots in darkness. But I didn't cover my bulbs by some diffuser(umbrella..) - and I have now the problem. :o
If you have a look at slides - they are looks quite good, but after scanning it on Imacon with high resolution - texture of canvas so visible and it is not a quiality for giclee, definitely. :o
I like a glossy glazing liquid and my blaming on it is useless :rolleyes:
thats a pity, it was my first try to make slides by myself, but having a SLR camera didn't help.
Thanks for advices!!!