PDA

View Full Version : 1st Print off new press, Blind Cat

sassybird
01-15-2002, 05:01 PM
This is the first print. I'm a little rusty and wiped a bit too much. Won't take me long to get back the feel of things though

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jan-2002/Blind_Cat.JPG:D

Gisela
01-15-2002, 05:26 PM
YES!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
What great texture in this piece! I love it!
Poor kitty -- lunch is gettin' away...:D

Man, I can't wait to get the rest of my supplies -- I'm dying to get started!! You're a great inspiration! :cool:

Gisela

geckonia
01-15-2002, 05:52 PM
Hey Sass! Congrats on pulling your first print! It's lookin' good! Nicely rendered fur...Wow... It reminds me of the vermin sounds I hear in the walls at night while my cats sleep....Can't wait to see more!

Tony Perrotta
01-15-2002, 05:54 PM
Hi Sas, It's about time GREAT. The print is very cool. Is that an etching? How big is it? I am ready to go too, I ordered my lino from Blick should have it next week. I got all the other supplies last w.e.. I did my first mono print today, with the plexiglass plate, it came out good, I had to touch it up with a brush, and I shoud have used smoother, and thinner paper, but I am, satisfied, hey for the first time I can't complain.

Good Luck with the press, you've been waiting so long
, now you can press like mad.

Tony

Leaflin
01-15-2002, 06:39 PM
:clap: ALRIGHT SASSY :clap:

I knew you wouldn't let us down :D

I can feel you smiling all the way in Virginia :D

sassybird
01-15-2002, 07:30 PM
Thanks everyone:D

I'm so tickled I could burst!!!!!!

Tony, this is a 6x6" aluminum plate that I hand etched (drypoint) with a whistlers needle. Printed on BFK Rives heavyweight.

MissMouse
01-15-2002, 09:03 PM
Sass I am so so happy for you and I think I can hear your giggles here in New York. The print looks GREAT poor Kitty.

ZOTMA
01-15-2002, 09:40 PM
awesome girl!
this is a great image,
very creative with the narrative, the portrayal
you have got to be tingling all over with the new press
fantastic

arlene
01-16-2002, 09:09 AM
:D :D :D

chris 97
01-16-2002, 12:03 PM
glad you finally got your press!

DuncanBerenice
02-01-2002, 03:25 PM
Hi Sassybird

I'm pleased you got your press, great print.

Duncan

intaglioman
11-01-2016, 06:30 AM
Hello...I'm new here. So what kind of press did you buy? I'm looking to purchase a new press. Nice image of the cat print.

Moqui Steps
11-02-2016, 11:00 PM
Hello...I'm new here. So what kind of press did you buy? I'm looking to purchase a new press. Nice image of the cat print.
Intaglioman - the original post was in 2002 so it is unlikely that you will see a response from the original poster (OP) unless they still have email alerts set for this 14 year old post.

Welcome to the printmaking forum in any case! If you watch Ebay and Craig's list plus any local online classifieds you might find a deal on a used press.