PDA

View Full Version : So...you think that you know....

Bringer
09-17-2005, 02:45 PM
....how to depict wndow glass.... :rolleyes:

Hi,

Each time I search the net for pastel info I cannot stop to be amazed by another artist.
This one does window glasses like I've never seen before.
I wonder what else will I find....

http://www.aliciastrose.com/b-gallery01.html

Regards,

Josť

laughhearty
09-18-2005, 02:35 AM
Thank you Jose!

Replicating glass in pastel isn't that difficult. Just look at shapes and colors. The window is transparent, hence, invisible. You're actually painting what's in front of it (the reflection) and what's behind it. If you accurately draw and paint the shapes, shadows, colors that you see, then, when you are done you will have a convincing window.

Alicia

Dark_Shades
09-18-2005, 07:56 AM
Thanks Jose for the link ...........
Its also great to see Alicia come in here and reply to you - I wandered round her site, and amazing and stunning work......... enjoyed very much the report on her winning in the Pastel Journal too

Well done Alicia......... hope we get to see some more of your work now that you are a member here

tURBOCAT
09-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Great link! Went through Alicia's site and it is awesome... and what do you know HERE SHE IS!

Alicia - beautiful work.

khourianya
09-23-2005, 01:32 AM
Ohhh- now that you've said it isn't that hard, alicia, you'll have to put together an article for us so we can all learn from you :D

Great link!!!

Dot Hoffman
09-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Alicia: marvelous site! Your process is fascinating, and something I want to try! And last but not least, I love your art!
Dot