PDA

View Full Version : "Tree - Fall Colors"

Bertoni
09-17-2005, 11:57 AM
5"x7" Fall is coming soon! :wave: C&Chttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Sep-2005/28168-Tree.jpg

bullyluvver
09-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Lovely colours Bertoni - autumn is my favourite season of all.

Gail

Bertoni
09-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Gail:
Fall is my favorite season too!! Glad you like it!! :)

gnu
09-17-2005, 05:20 PM
Hiya Bertoni. love that tree...one point, the spikey grass esp in the left is pulling my eye down to it(I guess the sharper edges)...I love your soft edges in the tree, to me a quite different approach and lovely
Isn't it great how we look forward to each season so we can vary the scene/subject..Only I don't find this so much in winter here, we have mostly deciduous trees, and no snow on the ground as a general rule.

IrishRose
09-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Bertoni,

I love the fall colors! Makes me long for New York (I live in Florida now and we don't see the fall colors anymore!) You've done a great job with the lights and darks. Question: Do you have cad orange on your palette or do you mix your orange from yellow & red?

nevbogus
09-17-2005, 10:10 PM
while i agree with gnu that the grass tends to pull yhe eye down, i think that the vibrant orange at the top draws you back up. i think if the grass was changed the orange may become to strong of an attraction. i would love to see this tree as part of a panorama painting, maybe a park the same height but 3 or 4 times wider. i bet you could make it jump off the wall!

Leslie Pz
09-17-2005, 10:32 PM
Looks just like it's starting to look around here!Love the canvas size; the size coming off my easel, too!

Lovely colors. Like the loose style and very painterly. Particularly LOVE the transition into the sky and your treatment of the sky. Nice, warm and well treated!
-Les

Bertoni
09-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Gill, Les, nevbogus & Rose:
Thanks for looking folks. I did this one a while back and posting it now as I get ready to paint a lot of fall scenes. The trees here are just getting a few first fall colors!
This 5x7 is an experimental after watching a superb Bob Burridge landscape video. I recommend it highly!!

Rose: As far as orange goes, I use W&N Cadmium Orange Hue, Liquitex Orange Red and Cryla Perique Orange. Orange is one of my favorite colors.

Nev: That certainly would make it jump off the wall!!!! :D

3chaway9
09-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Love the background colours too....Bertoni...i love Autumn...colours.

gurleygirl
09-18-2005, 09:32 AM
I love the yummy, rich colors!!
Tracey

Bertoni
09-18-2005, 10:01 AM
:wave: Caroline & Tracey:
Glad you like it. What really gets me excited about painting this time of year is the profusion of color that causes a riot in the landscape!! :D

Lady Carol
09-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Fall = winter around the corner Uggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!

Nice painting though :D

tishtosh
09-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Ilike this....i like this a lot...isn't autumn awesone!
Autumn 's when mother nature takes to her paints...WELL DONE!

Charlie's Mum
09-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Mmmmm, purty! :D
(I love these colours too - clap hands for autumn!:D) ......... but only for the beauty of the season - hate the thought of winter!

Bertoni
09-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey folks:
The thought of winter coming :eek: is about the only thing I hate about Fall!
Otherwise it's painter's heaven (for me anyway)!!! :D

Nitsa
09-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Just love that orange against that blue and the dash of red at the bottom is lush...Beautiful painting Bertoni!

carld
09-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Bertoni,

I think the grass is fine. You need some hard edges to offset the soft ones in the foliage and sky. The green is needed to repeat the tree color.

I love expresionistic landscapes.

Carl

Bertoni
09-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Anita:
Glad you liked it!!!

Carl:
Thanks for the comments! It's a done deal at this point though!! Won't be making any changes... :)

jan409
09-18-2005, 10:41 PM
I love fall also, and you colors are wonderful. I am working on a covered bridge in the fall colors hope to finish it and post soon. I want to do more of the season colors, your painting is an inspration for my creative juices to flow. Thank you. Jan409

Bertoni
09-19-2005, 07:39 AM
jan:
Happy to hear that it inspired you!
Hope you post your Fall color paintings here so we can all see them!!! :clap:

carld
09-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Bertoni,

I was not suggesting changes. What I meant to say is the hard edges you put in the grass compliment the rest of the picture and enhances the design, rather than drawing attention away from the center of interest..

Conveying exactly what I want in short posts is difficult for me, but I am trying to learn how to write better. I try to never offer criticism or make suggestions for improvment unless the poster specifically requests it.

Carl

Bertoni
09-19-2005, 09:49 AM
Carl:
No problem! Sorry,I must have misinterpreted your comment! :)