PDA

View Full Version : Call for Entries: Bead Review 2005

fergiebeads
09-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Hey, Everyone!

Brad Pearson and Deanna Griffin Dove announce a Call for Entries for the upcoming book: "Bead Review 2005". You can visit www.ArtofBeadmaking.com (http://www.ArtofBeadmaking.com) for more information and to download a PDF with submission guidelines.

We have recently added a new section for beginner beadmakers: "Beadmakers to Watch" !

Here an overview:

Think of the leaps and bounds glass beadmaking has made in the last twenty years! Think of the leaps and bounds glass beadmaking took just last year! We want to celebrate these changes, because we are excited to be part of such a great art form. So, The Art of Beadmaking will begin publishing an annual bead review showcasing the best beads of the year, with articles about significant developments in the field. All glass beadmakers are invited to participate and submit their best beads, made in the year 2005. Each artist who submits an application will receive a free copy of The Bead Review 2005.

Since Brad & Deanna liked the job I did on "Dots", I'll be doing the layout on this book, too...

I've already had a couple of questions regarding the photo requirements. The guidelines state a minimum size of 900x900 pixels... I should have worded that differently :rolleyes: First, the photo doesn't have to be square. I just want the photo's shortest side to be a minimum of 900 pixels. Since I'm working with 300dpi resolution, I want at least a 3" picture to work with!

Also, I've also had a couple of beadmakers express concern about the background in their photo. I know how picky I am about my own photos :p so I'm going to loosen up a bit on this... You are welcome to send an edited photo, but you must also send the original. Besides TIF and JPG formats, I can also accept Photoshop PSD files (PC, not Mac.)

I have a lot of photos that I will be trying to layout in a consistent manner, so I want your original file as a backup. We will try to use your edited version if possible.

I think that's it! I hope I haven't made things more confusing... Let me know if you need clarification.

I can't wait to see all your beads!

~Fergie

Beth Myers
09-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Sounds like fun, thanks for posting Fergie.
Beth