PDA

View Full Version : RIL Users!!

SweetBabyJ
09-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Please read: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295024

I can tell you anything I uploaded were taken by me, and me alone- I still retain the original digital copies with the details (date, lens settings, image size, etc) embedded in the image.

khourianya
09-15-2005, 03:40 PM
I saw this in the thread that Kat posted earlier. I, too, can assure you all that the photos I have uploaded, are my own images.

It is horrible that someone would do this when it is a source that people depend on to find images they have the right to paint...

Khadres
09-15-2005, 04:14 PM
It really is unfortunate that this has happened....I skimmed through the thumbnails and saw several I'd noted before with interest....just glad I hadn't followed through and painted them yet!

My images, of which there aren't that many, are all my own, as well. I still have the negatives or slides they were originally taken from. Can't see much point in posting copyrighted material owned by other folks...sooner or later what goes around ALWAYS comes round! I have had various webby things like original textures for backgrounds, etc. "stolen" before, and that's bad enough; to do that with an entire image is really pushing it.

Hopefully this is an isolated situation for us all.

Dark_Shades
09-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Thanks Julie for posting this, hadnt seen it before, and as you know am a staunt user of the RIL - I recognise a number of these paintings, as had saved them on my computer to use at a later date - 3 of which have painted recently, fortunately or unfortunately lol, they turned out rubbish :)

I must confess to thinking some months ago this person must be on a world tour or something, and their sudden quality in their photos was remarkable

Dark_Shades
09-15-2005, 04:18 PM
People do like to collect images that they find appealing........... perhaps the Library should have the following note:

Please do not upload images or photos that you yourself have not taken....... rather than

"This library is created entirely by member submissions. Please only upload photos. Do not upload paintings or copyrighted images. Images you upload will be used by other artists as reference images."

Kathryn Wilson
09-15-2005, 08:18 PM
This is a very sad situation and I know that you all must be upset and disturbed by this news, but Kerri has asked us to refer all comments and questions to the thread in the RIL. Please feel free to ask your questions and address your comments there.

I am being asked to close this thread - please be assured that the thread in the RIL forum is being monitored and all inquiries will be handled as they come in.