PDA

View Full Version : First rose

3chaway9
09-14-2005, 03:59 PM
:wave: Hi all,
i got the ref. pic. for this rose in the ref. library....it's my first attempt at a rose....it's not a true image of the pic. as i just went right in and painted it from scratch.......with just a few guide lines....i wasn't wanting to do a botanical type painting....(not that i could) lol....but i found i was constently comparing it....and changing it...
i found i couldn't get the right colours....so anyway...here is the result...i'm quite happy with the outcome....see what you all think....thanks for looking.
C&Cs welcome.

gnu
09-14-2005, 04:18 PM
it's lovley..perhaps a TAD more space at the top would've been better, but not glaring..you've done well on what can be a difficult flower to do..

bjcpaints
09-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Its beautiful Caroline! I might have to try again. I get lost going around and around in the petals of the ones that are more open. Yours is lovely!
Barbara

3chaway9
09-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Hi Gill.........i never thought of leaving more space at the top....it looks ok though... i forgot to say....it's stretched canvas....14''x18''and the darks are a lot darker than the pic. IRL.....
Hi Barbara.....as i said it's my first one....and i like the large macro size....(think thats what they call it)...it's nice against my wall which is a turquoise colour....the dark background shows off the rose fine.

Thankyou both for the nice comments....great to hear from you.

jan409
09-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Lovely, Caroline, I love roses and you did this one wonderfully. Love the colors. Jan409

gurleygirl
09-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Beautiful!!

3chaway9
09-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Thankyou Jan ........nice of you to say.

Thankyou Tracey.....had a look at your web site....lovely paintings.

gurleygirl
09-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Thanks so much Caroline!!

Lady Carol
09-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Lovely Caroline, sinmply lovely.

3chaway9
09-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks so much Carol.........

Kerch
09-14-2005, 11:51 PM
Love your Rose! It's beautiful. I like the blending of the yellows and reds.

The photo looks a little blurry - do you have a clearer photo?

Great work!

Gillette
09-15-2005, 01:14 AM
Caroline, it's simply beautiful, I love the glow emanating from the golden centre, and the way it seems to reflect off the leaves and lower petal.Roses are not easy and you have done a great job with this one. I love macro flowers too.
Jane.

Lady_Morgana
09-15-2005, 05:45 AM
I love roses and you painted it really good. What a pity that the photo is a bit blurry i would have loved to see it more clearly. I like the yellow middle very much, seems like the flower is glowing from within. Really beautiful.

3chaway9
09-15-2005, 07:10 AM
:wave: Hi again,
thanks for commenting........
Brian....Gillette and Morgana.....i have taken a pic. outdoors....i this is a better image.....

rickymanchester
09-15-2005, 07:18 AM
Hi Caroline - that is a much improved photo. It really shows off the wonderful colours on your lovely painting. Your obviously very well suited to this kind of thing. :)

Best Wishes

Lady_Morgana
09-15-2005, 07:20 AM
this is absolutly precious... you did a real great job on this... *stunned*

3chaway9
09-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Thankyou Richard and Morgana.....makes it all the more worthwhile when you can get to show your efforts to like minded folks....don't you think?

Lady_Morgana
09-15-2005, 04:58 PM
....sure i think along the same lines. I like doing my art for myself, to hang it on the wall and look at it, but is feels sooo good to show them to others that like art as i like it and hear what they think about it. And on the other hand, aren't most of us doing their art-thing because we want to show the pictures to someone? If not why should we produce art at all?

Leslie Pz
09-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Don't beat yourself up over not being exact with the ref. It stands well on its own and will not be hung next to the reference photo, anyway!

Colors are wonderful and the image contains nice drama.
-Les

Kerch
09-16-2005, 01:19 AM
Thanks for posting the sharper photo. Your rose is beautiful.

3chaway9
09-16-2005, 07:11 AM
:wave: Hi Morgana,
why do we do it? for me...i think it's a form of escapism..
creativity...something for myself that no one else is involved with...and always trying to do better...getting other peoples opinion
(not family)....keeps me up there....as it were....i don't think i would have gotten as far as i have without WC.though...as i have always been into crafts and art but at times i thought ....whats the use of trying all the time.... whats it all for...no one gives a hoot as to whither i can paint or not.. there are soooo many paintings out there....who needs any more...and you can do so much digitally...and photographically now....but then i joined WC. ... the forums keep me in touch with hands on art...with help if i want it and comunicating with others from all around the world is to me....nothing short of amazing...since i retired from work...painting is the biggest thing in my life...and keeps me from thinking about all the awful things which go on all over the world nowadays...oh! sorry to go so deep...
my hubby says i'm naive and live in a bubble....well maybe i do...but i like it here...and i'm staying ......lol :) :) :)

3chaway9
09-16-2005, 07:14 AM
Thanks for your input Leslie and Brian.....it's very welcome.

Charlie's Mum
09-16-2005, 08:20 AM
What a beautiful glow Caroline - you've done this really well ........ and what the heck if the colours are diff. from the ref? You're not copying - you're interpreting (I hope!).

Just for safety's sake, will you please check the sticky at the top of the forum page - about the Ref. Lib? Thanks, :D

3chaway9
09-16-2005, 09:42 AM
Thanks Maureen......i thought we could use all the ref. pics. too.

Lady_Morgana
09-16-2005, 01:32 PM
no problem you got in deep... *grin*... i tend to do that too and often.
Guess you are right... nobody really cares if we could or could not paint. But being able to paint is a good thing for me. It helps to solve some problems that otherwise would grow so big i would need a psychatrist to solve them *grin*
I always see pictures in my head, and i want to show them to others. That is why i paint, to bring out the ideas in my mind and show them to others.

Well if you are naive, then i am too... I think it won't hurt anyone if we both stay in our bubble, as long as we let others peer inside a bit and show them what we see. *smile*

:wave: happy painting

3chaway9
09-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Cheers Morgana.